Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Windows has stopped my display driver with an error message

SHawk4
Beginner

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

My device manager says the display is now running with the windows basic driver, and I should update the display driver. I tried to and was told I already have the latest driver installed. Windows suggested deleting the driver and reinstalling, but after deleting the driver, windows still says The latest driver is installed. But I just deleted it!!!

Can I get round this problem? My display looks like a DOS display from the 1980s.

Thank you

Stewart

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi Stewart,

1. What is your computer/board model?
  2. What is the version of your Windows?
  3. What is the driver version that you tried to install?

Leon

0 Kudos
SHawk4
Beginner
Dear LWAKSMAN After I asked the question, I did some googling and was told a copy of the driver would be ‘hiding’ in another folder and I would have to delete that copy before I could reinstall it. I then decided to try the Windows repair program from Tweaking.com. Since then the driver seems to be either mended or reinstalled, as my display is now OK. Thank you for your offer of help. I can recommend Tweaking.com, a naff name but I have used it several times before to cure problems. Best wishes Stewart