Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

adding a third monitor

tiagonava
Novice

Hello, 

System information: 

DELL™ OPTIPLEX™ 9010

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3220 CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHz

Intel(R) DH Graphics Familly 2500

Windows 10

Monitors 2x Dell P2317H, connected to the DisplayPort and working properly

Questions: I would like to add a third monitor to the VGA port (the only one still available), but it does not work. Interestingly, it is recognized by the Windows and I can even see it when I personalize the monitors, however, I only get to make it work two by two. On the other hand, when I open the Intel graphical parameters, the analogic connection simply does not appear. For information, the third monitor is an old Dell P107s but I have already tried with others and the problem is the same. Thanks in advance for your help. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

There is no Intel driver for Windows 10 for your graphics.   All you have is the Microsoft generic driver, which lacks features and performance.

Time to consider upgrading to a new(er) platform.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

tiagonava
Novice
Thanks, AlHill! What would you suggest? A new graphic card or an entirely new equipment?
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Either, but new equipment will serve you for the future.  It may not be long before Microsoft desides to not support 3rd gen platforms. 

If a graphic card, try to go with an older nvidia card, a 750 or 1050 (or something in that area).

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)