Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

can't find the "getting started" group.

IdontBelieveIt
Beginner

I can't find the "getting started" group so I have posted to the first one in the list. I can't reply to posts becasue it says I have not clicked a link in an email - I have clicked all the links in all the emails.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

This is a link to "Getting Started"

Leon

IdontBelieveIt
Beginner

Sorry, I mean for posting a question. Is the Getting Started group Read-only for normal users?

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Correct, Getting Started is read only. If you want post a question, click on "Post a question" button on the main page.

Leon

IdontBelieveIt
Beginner

So where do we post a "Getting Started" question? Graphics is not really the group for this discussion...

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

This is not that difficult.  If your question is regarding, for example, graphics, you go to the graphics forum and hit the button that says POST A QUESTION.

Tell me what your question is for and I will provide you a link to the appropriate forum, where you can POST A QUESTION.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos
IdontBelieveIt
Beginner

The question is this-:

See https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/AC-7260-BSOD-DRIVER-POWER-STATE-FAILURE-and-frequent/m-p/1287692
At the end, a message says I have not verified my email. It's reproduced below. I have verified my email address.

Clearly this is a question  for a group dealing with problems with the web site.

Intel01.JPG

I can't see a group suitable for this question.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I will inform the community manager.   Wait for a response.  Note that it is the weekend.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos
IdontBelieveIt
Beginner

Thanks. Appreciated.

Is Win11 "that" good??! 🙂

0 Kudos
IdontBelieveIt
Beginner

This issue is now resolved after a fashion. I managed to save passwords to Chrome with differences in the 'case' of the username. I expected login to ignore username case. The passwords were identical. After selecting the link for verifying my email a second time and removing duplicate passwords in Chrome, I can log into the Intel site as expected.

I have not had any information yet from any posts where I have asked about a group for posting questions like this about the operation of the site.

0 Kudos