Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

cant run vulkan on surface 4 windows 10

doc1
Beginner

Hi there, I hve a suraface 4 with windows 10 and an Intel 520 graphics card. When I try to run vulkaninfo I got

C:\Windows\System32> .\vulkaninfo.exe

==========

VULKANINFO

==========

Vulkan Instance Version: 1.1.82

ERROR: [Loader Message] Code 0 : loader_get_manifest_files: Registry lookup failed to get ICD manifest files. Possibly missing Vulkan driver?

Cannot create Vulkan instance.

C:\VulkanSDKBuild\workspace\Dash-Tools\repo\vulkaninfo\vulkaninfo.c:825: failed with VK_ERROR_INCOMPATIBLE_DRIVER

The version of vulkan-1.dll is 1.1.82.1, there is another vulkan-1-999-0-0-0.dll in this directory with the same version and another exe of the same name which also return the above result.

I just downloaded https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* I attach full ouput

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello _tyoc213_,

I understand that you are getting an error message with Vulkan when running the "vulkaninfo" application.

Regarding this, I was testing the problem myself on-site and I was able to find a solution which we can try. I can confirm that this successfully fixed the error since I was getting it as well. Please try with a clean driver installation, lets start by following the steps below:

1 - Download the .zip driver from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27988/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=88355 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27988/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=88355

2 - Disconnect the computer from the internet.

3 - Go to device manager and check under display adapters.

4 - Right-click on the Intel ® Integrated Graphics, select the option uninstall and keep going until you only have Microsoft's basic display adapter.

5 - Unzip the file you downloaded previously.

6 - Right-click on the Microsoft's basic display adapter and select "Update driver".

7 - Select the option "Browse my computer for driver software.

8 - Select the option "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".

9 - Select the option "Have disk".

10 - Select the option "Browse".

11 - Access the designated location or folder where you unzipped the driver downloaded and access a folder called "Graphics".

12 - Select the setup information file (Typically named either "idglh64" or "igdlh").

13 - Click on open and then click OK, finally click Next and the drivers will begin to install.

14 - Reboot your computer when the installation is completed.

After this is completed and you run the "vulkaninfo" it should not give you the error anymore.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

David V

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello _tyoc213_,

I understand that you are getting an error message with Vulkan when running the "vulkaninfo" application.

Regarding this, I was testing the problem myself on-site and I was able to find a solution which we can try. I can confirm that this successfully fixed the error since I was getting it as well. Please try with a clean driver installation, lets start by following the steps below:

1 - Download the .zip driver from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27988/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=88355 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27988/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=88355

2 - Disconnect the computer from the internet.

3 - Go to device manager and check under display adapters.

4 - Right-click on the Intel ® Integrated Graphics, select the option uninstall and keep going until you only have Microsoft's basic display adapter.

5 - Unzip the file you downloaded previously.

6 - Right-click on the Microsoft's basic display adapter and select "Update driver".

7 - Select the option "Browse my computer for driver software.

8 - Select the option "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".

9 - Select the option "Have disk".

10 - Select the option "Browse".

11 - Access the designated location or folder where you unzipped the driver downloaded and access a folder called "Graphics".

12 - Select the setup information file (Typically named either "idglh64" or "igdlh").

13 - Click on open and then click OK, finally click Next and the drivers will begin to install.

14 - Reboot your computer when the installation is completed.

After this is completed and you run the "vulkaninfo" it should not give you the error anymore.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
doc1
Beginner

Nice, I have this problem since start, nice to ahve a solution now.

Dont know if future updates of windows will install it correctly or not. But thanks for now!

0 Kudos