Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20671 Discussions

cs2 crashes with irisxe

AM777
Novice
With iris xe on a 12500h Asus laptop with 16gb ram, I am able to get reliable 60fps on low settings and low resolution
However, the game crashes frequently (once every couple hours). Can you please try this and let me know if there is a solution possible?
32 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello AM777, I just received an update on this matter.

There is a new driver available on our official website, version 31.0.101.5186/31.0.101.5234. Please try a clean installation of that driver following the instructions in the links below and once you get the chance, please let us know the results:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

Driver:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/785597/intel-arc-iris-xe-graphics-windows.html?wapkw=12500h

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello AM777, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
AM777
Novice
Hello Albert,

I haven't been able to try your suggestion in detail yet. I will get back as soon as I get a chance to try it.

Thanks
AM
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello AM777, Thank you for your answer.

No problem at all, take your time and once you get the chance, please let us know the results.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
AM777
Novice

Hello Albert,

I was able to reproduce the crash again with the latest drivers that you recommended, so this issue still continues.

Thanks,

AM

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello AM777, Thank you very much for your reply.

We are sorry to hear the issue persists. We will continue working on this scenario and provide a response as soon as possible.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello AM777, I just received an update on this matter.

While we are still working on this scenario, could you please try the steps below one by one and note what was the result:

• Turn off cpu virtualization in Bios
  • Disabling e-cores
  • Disabling multicore rendering in the game settings ==> didn't found this option in game
  • System repair
    • sfc /scannow
    • Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
  • Disable CPU boost in BIOS
  • Change SVID to Intel Fail safe in BIOS

Test PC settings in BIOS:

• MCE (enhanced multi-core performance): disabled,
  • Active turbo ratios: auto,
  • Dynamic Vcore: +0.005V (as per article 000096305),
  • XMP: on
  • also tested on stock BIOS settings

The game is set to LOW in video settings - no issues ever happen while testing.

List of options that can be used to launch game: https://eloboss.net/blog/csgo-launch-options

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello AM777,

I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
AM777
Novice

Hello Albert

I've made halfway through the suggestions:

• Turn off cpu virtualization in Bios - Turned off virtualization / VT-d
  • Disabling e-cores - Don't see any such options in BIOS. I have added '-threads 5' to game launch options which seems to have limited game process to P-cores
  • Disabling multicore rendering in the game settings ==> didn't found this option in game
  • System repair - To be tried
    • sfc /scannow
    • Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
  • Disable CPU boost in BIOS - No such option in the BIOS
  • Change SVID to Intel Fail safe in BIOS - No such option in the BIOS

Test PC settings in BIOS:

• MCE (enhanced multi-core performance): disabled,
  • Active turbo ratios: auto,
  • Dynamic Vcore: +0.005V (as per article 000096305),
  • XMP: on
  • also tested on stock BIOS settings

Don't see any of the above in BIOS settings

The game is set to LOW in video settings - no issues ever happen while testing - will try with low

Whatever I have tried so far, I still got couple of crashes. I need to try few more of the suggestions, will post another update when I do those.

Thanks,

AM

0 Kudos
a1one
Novice
I get 60fps on 1080p low settings how are you not getting it and on 1280x960
I get 70-80 fps
0 Kudos
AM777
Novice

With recent game and driver updates, I am no longer seeing crashes as frequently (maybe once in 2 weeks or so).

I believe it was recent game updates that fixed issues for me.

Also on low setting I do get ~50-60 fps at 1080p, this is again an improvement that seems to have come with recent updates. Earlier FPS used to drop to 40 in some situations.

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello AM777,

It is great news that the recent updates have enhanced your gaming performance. I wish you a smooth and enjoyable gaming session. As a result, I will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos