Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20708 Discussions

fn Brightness Key dosent work for latest version of intel HD driver

ADela4
Novice

Hello eveyone.

I have a annoying problem in latest version of intel HD 520 driver for WIN10 64 bit (OS has latest updates and many other devices).

My laptop is ASUS K501UX and when i Updated my driver to latest version [ 15.65.4.4944 ] The (fn Brightness Key) disabled suddenly but other fn keys working correctly. before this update everything is OK and Brightness key worked correctly.

So, clearly results & logic shows that this problem is from latest version of intel driver that i mentioned above. not from my laptop, OS or other devices.

Please fix this problem that may annoying many people in the world that has same issue but dont talking about it at this forum.

thanks

intel_corpMartyG

45 Replies
bbla1
Beginner

Hey, thanks for the hint VladDraco

Yes I can confirm, it works on my G501VW without any modifications.

Seems Intel could do something about that after all. 😛

So thanks @Intel as well.

0 Kudos
CRgt
Beginner

Thanks VladDraco (and intel) !

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
MSata
Beginner

This problem seems to have re-appeared on my ASUS ZenBook Pro UX501VW with the last Windows 10 update in Dec 2019... I noticed that the update changed my monitor type from Generic PnP Monitor to PnP-Monitor (Standard)... reverting it back fixed the problem.

0 Kudos