Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20624 Discussions

fps dropped from 120 to 10 in a day

akush42o
Beginner

i built a device with 

CPU: INTEL CORE i5-10600 that includes UHD graphics 630 

MOTHERBOARD: ASROCK B460M Pro4

yesterday i try to add one of my old gpu (MSI NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT i think 2007 model).

I start the system and my monitor didnt do anything so i waited like 5 minits and i closed it.

when i removed the gpu it was really hot (like 130-140 celsius) then i reboot and everythink was fine until i open my game,and i had like 20 fps instead of 120 .I thought the drivers had messed up but in device manager in Display adapters there is only  the UHD graphics 630. What can i actually try to fix it?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @akush42o

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We understand that you use to get good FPS performance while gaming and the issue started after installing and removing a discrete video card (dGPU) MSI* NVIDIA* GeForce 8600 GT from the system. Is this correct?

In this case, and since you mentioned that the process of installing/removing could be the culprit, we would like to recommend first a Clean Installation of Intel® Graphics Drivers in Windows* using the latest customized driver from your computer manufacturer (OEM) ASRock*: VGA driver version: 26.20.100.7926_Q0.

During the process, please make sure all steps are followed, including disconnecting from the Internet and making sure you get to the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter before trying to install the graphics driver.

If the behavior persists with the ASRock* OEM driver, you may repeat the process and try with the latest generic Intel® Graphics DHC driver: Intel® UHD Graphics 630 Version: 27.20.100.9466.

Additional steps that you may try:

1- Verify the game's minimum/recommended requirements with the game developer or their support team. Also, check with them for the latest patches and updates and to review if repairing the installation of the game might be needed

2- Confirm that no other heavy workload programs are running in the background while playing.

• Open the Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc), then click the CPU and Memory tabs to check whether anything is using up large chunks of your CPU or RAM (for instance, a web browser with many tabs open).

3- Ensure your Microsoft* operating system is up to date

• Open Windows Update settings (Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update).
  • Click Check for updates.
  • Once the update appears, select Download and install now.
  • Restart your device to complete the update installation process.

4- Run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool to verify that both the processor and the GPU (Graphics Processing Unite) are fine. To save the report, once the test is done, click on "File >> View Results File" and attach the .txt file to your reply.

5- There are third-party applications available online that should allow you to monitor GPU, CPU and RAM usage and temperatures while in-game.

6- Check with ASRock* Support if there are BIOS or firmware updates available for your system and if they recommend installing/updating to help with this behavior.

If the behavior persists, please report back the outcome of the steps and provide us with the following information:

A- Is this happening with a specific game or with all the games? Please provide the game's name(s) and more details.

B- Step-by-step instructions for replication purposes. Please make sure to include screenshots of the game settings that you have set. Feel free to share a short video if possible.

C- A Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers following the steps on the link.

D- An Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) report to gather more details about the system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.
  • To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello akush42o

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello akush42o

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos