Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20501 Discussions

i5-8250u uhd 620 hdmi external monitor

IBury
Novice

I have new Acer Swift sf314-52 laptop with i5-8250u processor and uhd 620 built-in card.

I cannot set 2560x1440 resolution on my external monitor connected to my laptop via hdmi 2.0

I have latest drivers for every component.

any ideas?

same cable connected to my old pc (redeon graphic card) works fine with 2560x1440

Thanx a lot!

0 Kudos
20 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello ivanisimus,

Thank you for joining the Graphics Community. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with this matter.

Could you please provide the following report https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics-drivers.html Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers? This will help to check some information for your system.

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" in the top right corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear in the bottom right corner of the response box.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
IBury
Novice

Hi!

Attached several screenshots..

As you can see there is 2560*1440 in "monitor supported resolution" but not in resolution settings...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks for the screenshots.

Could you please run the report and attach it? There are some pieces of information there that are really helpful for us.

In the meantime, please try updating your Intel® HD Graphics driver to the latest version: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27266/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-60-?product=126789 Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.60]. Use this method for the installation: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics-drivers.html Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 and Windows...

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
IBury
Novice

Hi!

I installed new driver from your link, but it did not helps me

Attached report

Thanx.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for that information.

Please set the configuration to Single Display and check if you are able to select the resolution. One more thing, install the following driver for your monitor: http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.com/downloadfile/ContentsFile.aspx?CDSite=US&CttFileID=5747541&CDCttType=DR&ModelType=C&ModelName=LS27D85KTSR/ZA&VPath=DR/201406/20140617093744693/S27D850T.exe

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
IBury
Novice

Single display set, but nothing changed - still 1920*1080 only allowed

Drivers installed, it did not helps too

Thanx!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I am sorry to hear that!

Could you please try to set a custom resolution and check if you can set this resolution?

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/119284 ivanisimus, I would like to check a couple of things regarding your configurations, please see below;

• Are you using an video adapter for your HDMI connection? If not, please let us know the cable brand and model you are using.
  • Make sure you are using the latest BIOS available for your laptop model. Find the latest version here: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/MY/content/support-product/7226?b=1 Product support
  • One more thing that I would like you to confirm with Acer is if they provide a HDMI 2.0 Firmware.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
IBury
Novice

If I try set custom resolution I got this error "maximum bandwidth limit"

0 Kudos
IBury
Novice

Yes I use HDMI (tried about 4 different hdmi cables, all of them works fine with my old PC and this monitor)

Drivers are updated

Acer support told me that it should support 4K resolution. I asked they why it wont work with 2560*1440 they just told me that they will NOT HELP ME with external devices.

Also my monitor has HDMI 1.4 interface. we dont need hdmi 2.0 really. As I told, it works fine with rade*n video on my old pc....

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for this information.

Did they specify the reason why they are not helping with external devices?

For testing purposes, please try removing your current driver and install one of the previous versions, below you will the steps and the file.

Steps to uninstall Intel® HD Graphics the version:

1. Open the Device Manager.
  2. Expand the Display Adapters section.
  3. Find the Intel Graphics Driver. The driver can also be called the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver (Intel® GMA Driver).
  4. Right-click the Intel Graphics Driver and select Uninstall.
  5. Select the check box Delete the driver software for this device.
  6. Reboot the computer after uninstall process has finished.

Then, try this driver version: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27199/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-47-?product=126789 Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.47]. And, use this method for the installation: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics-drivers.html Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 and Windows...

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/119284 ivanisimus,

If you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
IBury
Novice

Hi!

After some time I am trying connect my laptop to my monitor. same configuration, still no lucky.

I just updated graphics driver to 24.20.100.6136 version, same issue - I there is no option 2560x1440

Please help..

Intel system report attached.

I attached two screenshots also, where you can see that I cannot pick 2560x1440 in settings, but it shows as supported resolution in "Information center" for my external display.

MikeDK1990
Novice

Hi,

I have the exact same issue, on the exact same computer, with the same setup... Even in the same country (Denmark) as the original poster.

Did this in any way get solved?
I'm trying to get 2560 x 1440 on my Samsung Odyssey C27JG56.

Tried updating drivers, rolling them back to original version, everything. Is this just not possible? Seriously, I will do ANYTHING for the solution to this problem, if ANYBODY have it!???

Thank you and have a nice day

Mikkel

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello vanisimus

Thank you for joining the community.

Could you let me know the model of the display/TV and the type of connection that you are using?

To better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow the instructions below:

1. Right-click on the Desktop, and click on Graphics Properties.
  2. Click Options and Support, and then click Information Center.
  3. Click on Save (save it to your desktop).
  4. Please attach the .txt file to the thread.

Also, provide me with the DxDiag* report. Please follow these steps:
  1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.
  2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.
  3. Click on Save All Information (save it to your desktop).
  4. Attach the .TXT file to the thread.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello vanisimus

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
MikeDK1990
Novice

Hey @idata

Any possibility that you ever found a solution for this?

I have the exact same problem, on the exact same setup with the same model laptop.

I would seriously do anything to get this fixed???

Regards and thank you in advance

Mikkel

0 Kudos
AGorc1
Beginner

Hello,

I have almost identical problem:

Intel UHD Graphics 620 on my Lenovo Ideapad 530S-15IKB laptop (81EV) won't offer resolution for external monitor (LG Ultrawide 25UM58-P) via High-Speed HDMI higher than 1980 x 1080, while the monitor supports and, in fact, recommends

2560 x 1080 / 60 Hz.

The same monitor worked fine with another PC (ASUS S551LA / graphics: Intel HD 4400) with the same cable (Honglin e239425-c p1 awm 20276 80C 30V), setting 2560 x 1080 was not a problem.

Drivers for both the monitor and UHD 620 are the latest (25.20.100.6577 for UHD 620 / Windows 10). I’ve tried previous driver versions too: *.6519, .6471., 6444 (manufacturer’s), but the result was the same.

I attach graphics properties and DxDiag reports. Also enclosed is Lenovo’s diagnostics log saying “Your system can’t reach the maximum resolution of your display.”

Lenovo support is useless (at least, in my country). You are my only hope.

Regards,

Alexander

0 Kudos
AGorc1
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
AGorc1
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos