Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

i7-8550U supported by 24.20.100.6025

PWolf1
Novice

Hi,

Does the new release 24.30.100.6025 for the UHD 620 graphics display work on the i7-8550U CPU? IDA says it does but the release notes do not mention that CPU.

HELP?!

0 Kudos
14 Replies
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

Driver Readme says:

"8th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) processor family (codenames Kaby Lake R, Coffee Lake"

Yes it is supported.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello peterwolfe,

The information provided by Yups is correct.

The Version: 24.20.100.6025 is supported by your processor.

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27680/eng/ReleaseNotes-24.20.100.6025.pdf

Please let us know if you need any further help regarding this inquiry.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
PWolf1
Novice

fails to install, says driver not validated by manufacturer.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello peterwolfe,

In that case, I would like to get some information about your system. Please provide a report using the Intel® System Support Utility. Follow the steps below:

1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

4. Attach the report to this thread.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
PWolf1
Novice

Here is results of the scan. Thanks for your help.

FYI, I went to Asus support and downloaded the driver they recommended but that resulted in an error and the display not working correctly so I downloaded an earlier driver which I am now running and it works correctly.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello peterwolfe,

Thank you for your response.

I am glad to hear that you were able to install a graphics driver that works fine for your system. In this case, it is always recommended to use drivers provided by computer manufacturers because they can change the features, incorporate customizations, or make other changes to the graphics driver software or software packaging. This applies mainly to laptops and systems with hybrid graphics.

Unless you experience any graphics issues, I recommend you to install your system manufacturer's drivers first and then Intel's generic versions of graphics drivers for general purposes.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
PWolf1
Novice

Thanks for your response. In fact I AM experiencing issues. Asus lists two drivers for the VGA card, both from Intel:

Version V23.20.16.4901.02 2018/03/30 316.6 MBytes

Intel Graphics Driver

Version V22.20.16.4836.04 2018/02/05 281.21 MBytes

Intel Graphics Driver

The most updated one ( .6205 from Intel directly) is rejected at install time as noted above.

I installed the .4901 version but the driver ended up disabled after installation and the display did not operate correctly.

I installed the older .4836 which operates correctly.

This then leaves me stuck with no upgrade option for the driver. Help?!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello peterwolfe,

In this case, I would like you to try these steps below to do a clean install of the graphics driver provided by your system manufacturer first.

1. Disconnect your unit from the internet.

2.Please uninstall both the Intel Graphics driver and the Intel Display audio driver. To do this, please follow the steps on the link below under these sections:

-Uninstalling the Intel Graphics Driver via the Device Manager Method

-Uninstalling the Intel® Display Audio Driver or the Intel® HDMI Audio Driver via the Device Manager Method.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005598/graphics-drivers.html

3.Restart your computer. Please go to Device Manager and check if Windows installed another version of the graphics driver. If it does, please remove it and restart your computer one more time. Repeat the process until you get the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

4.Once you do, please proceed with the clean install of the latest graphics driver version provided by your computer manufacturer:

Version V23.20.16.4901.02 2018/03/30 316.6 MBytes

Intel Graphics Driver.

5.Once the latest driver has been installed, you may enable the internet connection again.

Please let me know if these steps resolve the issue.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello peterwolfe,

Were you able to follow the troubleshooting steps provided?

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
PWolf1
Novice

Hi,

I got around to trying this out and NOPE no success. I had to download and install the older Driver from Asus driver site: Driver Version: 22.20.16.4836

Thanks for your help. Anything else you can suggest?

Peter

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello peterwolfe,

Regarding the latest graphics driver available on your computer manufacturer's website, you should contact them to know exactly why you are unable to install a driver that has been validated for your system.

My recommendation is that you try installing a generic driver manually and see if it delivers the performance you are looking for. If you are unable to install it, then you definitely need to get in touch with your system manufacturer.

Follow these steps:

1. Disconnect your unit from the internet.

2.Please uninstall both the Intel Graphics driver and the Intel Display audio driver. To do this, please follow the steps on the link below under these sections:

-Uninstalling the Intel Graphics Driver via the Device Manager Method

-Uninstalling the Intel® Display Audio Driver or the Intel® HDMI Audio Driver via the Device Manager Method.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005598/graphics-drivers.html

3.Restart your computer. Please go to the device manager and check if Windows installed another version of the graphics driver. If it does, please remove it and restart your computer one more time. Repeat the process until you get the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

4.Once you do, please proceed with the clean install of the latest graphics driver version. Please find the link below:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27803/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=126789

5.Once the latest driver has been installed, you may enable the internet connection again.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello peterwolfe,

I was wondering if you were able to resolve the issues updating your graphics driver.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
PWolf1
Novice

OK, I have successfully installed the latest Intel driver 24.20.100.6136 and it all appears to b e working fine.

However I now have the following Audio drivers installed, not sure if this matter:

High Definition Audio Device (Microsoft driver)

JBL Charge Stereo

Realtek High Definition Audio

Thanks foir your help, really appreciate it!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello peterwolfe,

I am glad to hear that you were able to install the latest graphics driver available on our Download Center.

The audio drivers are just included in the contents of the package for general purposes.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos