Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21286 Discussions

inconsistent gpu usage A750 (R5 4600G 16*1 3200MHz ram b450m rebar turned on

Meet_Kapadia
Beginner

I recently purchased an Arc A750 LE and noticed inconsistent performance on the GPU while playing games such as Far Cry 6, Resident Evil 2 remake, and Elden Ring. I even reinstalled Windows to see if that would resolve the issue. While Resident Evil 2 worked fine out of the box, the other two games were very stuttery and inconsistent. I'm not sure if the CPU is bottlenecking the GPU, as I can't seem to identify the root cause of the issue. I was hoping you could help me diagnose the issue or suggest which part of the PC may be causing the problem.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Meet_Kapadia

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I am sorry you are experiencing issues while gaming on your Intel® Arc™ A750 Graphics. Please let us know the following information to further assist you with this issue;

• Please elaborate on what are the exact symptoms that you are seeing when playing games and what is the inconsistent behavior that you experience, and also if they are exactly the same for both games. If each game has a different issue I would advise opening a separate thread for one of them.
  • Share a short video showing the issue.
  • Share screenshots of the in-game graphics settings.
  • Is Resizable BAR enabled on your system?
  • Create a log file with the Intel® System Support Utility and attach it to your response.

Best regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Meet_Kapadia
Beginner

Hi, the problem is that this GPU should be capable of reaching the 60fps cap in Elden Ring, but it's not achieving 60fps. Additionally, it doesn't exceed 80% usage even when the game is experiencing low FPS. I have attached a clip with MSI Afterburner showing FPS, usage, and other metrics. This issue also occurs in Far Cry 6 and other games, so I don't believe I should create another thread for those games. Specifically, when I come out of the starting cave and enter Limegrave, the GPU usage drops down to 70% and it doesn't provide 60 fps as it should. Furthermore, it doesn't go above 80% usage. Oh and also yes resizeable bar is enabled.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Meet_Kapadia

Thank you for sharing the information with us. Please let's try reinstalling the latest driver by uninstalling it using Display Driver Uninstaller. Once uninstalled download and install the same version 31.0.101.4257.

If the issue persists, let us know the following:

• What distribution service were the games downloaded from?
  • Have you tried disabling the integrated graphics from your processor to make sure there are no conflicts between drivers? You can go to Device Manager > Display adapters, right-click on Radeon Graphics, and click on Disable.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Meet_Kapadia

I hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Best regards,  

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Meet_Kapadia

I hope you are doing fine. 

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards, 

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos