Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

installing a driver

liliro
Novice

Dear Support team

I am using a lap top Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1 and every week or two, keep getting an alert to update the below driver which I do and even though, after installing, I keep getting reminders again and again.

Can you please advise how to put an end to it?

Intel® Graphics - Windows® 10 DCH Drivers

0 Kudos
15 Replies
ClariceStarling
Valued Contributor II

That happened to me.  You can't just update ... you have to delete the existing one first and then reinstall!

liliro
Novice

Dear Clarice

thanks but can't find it to delete it !?

BR

Yaron

0 Kudos
ClariceStarling
Valued Contributor II

Did you go into Device Manager?  Then click "show hidden devices" at the top.  

0 Kudos
liliro
Novice
0 Kudos
ClariceStarling
Valued Contributor II

If you go into Device Manager and expand the Display Adapter branch, you don't see Intel Graphics?

0 Kudos
liliro
Novice

Dear Clarice

found and done. then re installed the new driver and hope it's the last reminder from Intel.

thanks for your assistance and have a nice week end.

BR

Yaron

liliro
Novice

unfortunately, the reminder to install the driver came back again

0 Kudos
ClariceStarling
Valued Contributor II

Could be you didn't disconnect from the Internet?

Here's the steps ...Clean Installation of Intel® Graphics Drivers in Windows®

liliro
Novice

now i followed the instructions and got Microsoft basic display adaptor as advised.

still the instructions fig. 4,5 & 6 made it to download the old Intel graphics file on my desktop as an exe file but i assume i don't have to install it !?

if so, should i delete it?

0 Kudos
ClariceStarling
Valued Contributor II

@LeonWaksman 

Leon is very good on these things ... maybe he can help?

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

I'll try to help.

1. Please download the Version: 27.20.100.9466 of the Intel DCH Driver.

Since you didn't specified which CPU your laptop is equipped, I can only assume what I find in the DELL site.

(i.e. 6th Generation or higher) I assume that this driver should be good for you. Any way, you may check on the Download Page that your CPU is listed.

2. Disconnect the Internet (WiFi and/or LAN) and verify in the Device Manager you still see the Microsoft Basic Graphics Driver. If not, uninstall the installed driver and reboot your laptop. If you see the basic driver, continue to next paragraph.

3. Double click on the previously downloaded igfx_win10_100.9466.exe and follow the installation. 

4. Once the installation is finished, reconnect the internet and reboot your laptop.

5. This should be all.

I have to warn you. This Intel DCH Driver is an generic driver, without any customization, usually done by laptop OEM. So, it is advised that for laptop the driver should be downloaded from the OEM site, however, I don't see such driver for Windows 10.

Leon

liliro
Novice

Dear Leon

thanks and before taking the action, please see attached my system info to enable you re insuring the proposal

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Your laptop is equipped with Intel® Core™ i5-10210U Processor which is 10the Generation processor. The Intel Version: 27.20.100.9466 driver is compatible with your processor. BTW, the information provided in the report attached to your post, contradicts the information in the DELL site. Any way, as I mentioned in my post above - if your laptop is equipped with 6th Generation (or higher) CPU, you may install this driver.

In order to get better information about your system, you may download the Intel System Support Utility (SSU). Run the SSU scan and save the results. The .txt file with the results please attach to your post.

Leon

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @liliro 

After further search on net, I've funded a download page for your laptop, which I believe  is Inspiron 7306 2-in-1

If I'm right, you may use DELL Support Assistant, to automatically check your drivers, or manually download the latest customized graphics driver Version 27.20.100.8853, A02

Leon

ClariceStarling
Valued Contributor II

I have Dell Support Assist at work.   It seems like they changed it in the last year or so and now once your warranty expires it only sorta, kinda works.  It will say I need an update but it won't download it anymore.   Then Dell wants to sell you a support contract, which isn't cheap.  I'm surprised Intel seems to give so much free support even though one's warranty has expired!    

0 Kudos