Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

intel graphics driver installer start up when windows start after installation

Victorewik
Novice
After updating the UHD 600 graphics drivers of my Teclast X4 device with the intel support & driver assistant, when restarting, the driver installer always appears even though they have already been updated. It is only solved if i unistall intel support assistant  but it is very annoying because it forces me to install and unnistall the porgram every time the drivers are updated.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Maria_R_Intel

Victorewik,

We will use AlHil's thread to work on this. If you want we can proceed to close this thread and you can keep checking AlHil's thread for updates, or we can keep this thread open too, as you prefer.

In the meantime, we recommend you follow Leon's recommendation "when the installer restarts, click on "cancel" button and it will not bother you anymore."

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Victorewik,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

There are two different types of drivers, generics provided by Intel and Equipment Manufacturer drivers, that are customized to work with each specific system.

The Intel* DSA just announces that is a new update available based on the driver version, but it will only scan based on our generic drivers and may not work properly on third-party systems.

To better assist you, please provide us with the below information:

• What is the Intel* DSA version you're using? (Open the Intel* DSA > Click on Settings > Check Installed Version)
  • Provide us a screenshot of the notifications you're receiving from the DSA.

Please run the following tool in Windows* and attach the report generated. 

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

• Intel® SSU Download
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Both of you may want to refer to my thread:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Why-can-this-driver-install-loop-not-be-fixed/m-p/1221848#M90864

I am not using IDSA (why create a second problem when this is easily demonstrated by manually installing the DCH driver yourself?).  This needs to be corrected.

LeonWaksman
Super User

This is a bug and should be corrected. For the mean time when the installer restarts, click on "cancel" button and it will not bother you any more.

Leon

0 Kudos
Victorewik
Novice

Ok thanks, the same thing happens to me as the user all hill. My device came from the factory in the firmware and in the drivers page the standard Intel DHC drivers. I think that the error is due to the fact that the windows updater installed an OEM graphic driver with an earlier date than those that came installed from another brand that has a device similar to mine (those OEM drivers installed by the widow update are not from keyboard because in keystones they told me they didn't have oem drivers for my device). And when installing the corresponding drivers using the Intel support assistant, the bug arises and the installer loops. It also happens even if you install from a dhc to another more modern dhc. After formatting my device with the official firmware and the official drivers that are downloaded from the TECLAST page, I have verified that this error only arises when windows update updates with the wrong driver.

The only thing that removes the log and boot loop is by reinstalling the intel suport assitant program. PS: This error also arises if I install them manually

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello @AlHill ,

Thank you for the heads up!

I will take your thread to report this to our team.

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Victorewik,

We will use AlHil's thread to work on this. If you want we can proceed to close this thread and you can keep checking AlHil's thread for updates, or we can keep this thread open too, as you prefer.

In the meantime, we recommend you follow Leon's recommendation "when the installer restarts, click on "cancel" button and it will not bother you anymore."

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Victorewik,

Thank you for the information, please keep monitoring Al Hill's thread. We will post there all the updates.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos
Victorewik
Novice

The problem still today

With the update of 6 november.

Victorewik_0-1604759109954.png

0 Kudos