Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

intel hd 530 flickers at 1440x900 60hz

aazov
Beginner

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

I have heavy flickering wen I start the pc and I cannot go into the bios, but wen the windows start there are no probles. I saw that wen I use 1440x900 60hz I have the flickering, but wen its on 70hz is ok. Sadly I cannot use the bios settings.

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")<p> 

Always (100%):X

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

i7 6700k; gigabyte z270-hd3p

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

No.

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below). 

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)

EFP

Philips 190sw + another Philips that I am not sure about the model.

How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).

8gb ddr dual channel

Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.

ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc

standart vga cable

Hardware Stepping (see note1 below).

<td style="border: 0px solid black; padding: 0 5.4pt 0 5.4pt; border-right: solid windowtext 1.0pt; border-bottom: solid windowt...
0 Kudos
8 Replies
aazov
Beginner

I am sorry, I have no idea what went wrong with that form...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, psv1. Thank you very much for sharing your issue with the Intel Communities Team. I will be more than glad to assist you.

Can you please share with us the https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics-drivers.html Intel® HD Graphics report as a txt file?

Antony S.
0 Kudos
aazov
Beginner

Hello, yes of course.

I hope this is what your are looking for.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the report, psv1.

I will perform deeper into this issue, once I have an update I will let you know.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
aazov
Beginner
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, psv1. Thank you for your patience.

In this case, it seems that the issue is related to an issue between your Display and your System (mainboard) since the flickering stops once Windows 10* starts. The Intel® HD Graphics drivers will start working when the Operating System is running in the system. Additionally, as per your motherboard specifications, there is no VGA port so you may be using a dongle/converter which can be causing these issues as well.

You might want to try different cables or straight connection cables and test different displays or ports.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

A very common problem with 3rd-party motherboard manufacturers is that they do not update their BIOS when Intel releases updated Video BIOS firmware. It is thus not uncommon to see issues that happen before but go away when Windows takes over. All you can do it check what version of the Video BIOS your manufacturer has included and, if it is not the latest, demand an updated BIOS from them.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
aazov
Beginner

Hello Antony, thank your for the time you invested in my problem.

My motherboard has a vga port and I am using so no dongles are in place. So it is possible that the cable transmit 75hz but not 60hz? I will need more time to find another similar monitor and cables so I can test it, but for sure I am going to do it and report back here.

Mr.Pearson, I didnt knew that this is common issue and I shall take the matter to the manifacturer as well and see what they have to say about it.

0 Kudos