Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

intel i9-10850k - Intel UHD Graphics 630 - blinking screen

saviol
Beginner

Hi,

After installing the graphic driver for UHD Graphics 630 the screen started to blink, flare.

https://youtu.be/--QwHFCBE6A

I have tried to instal pervious driver but the problem goes on.

Could you tell if the cpu is broken or I just have to tried instal / pervious drivers, upadate Windows to 20H2 version?

I have checked cpu with occt and cpu is working quite fine.

Currently I installed Windows 10 home ver. 2004 with May updates.

Thank you for any help.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello saviol,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I understand that you are experiencing some flickering issues after the installation of the graphics driver.

To better assist you I would appreciate of you could provide the following information:

• Can you please provide the versions of the drivers tested?
  • What is the current driver installed? Please provide the driver version that was working fine.
  • How did you update the graphics driver?

Additionally, please run the following tool and attach the reports generated.   

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) Download link 

1. Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. 

2. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   

3. Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   

4. To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   

I consider that an update of the operating system to the latest version would be great, it is recommended to keep OS and drivers up to date to ensure top performance.

Please let me know if you notice any improvement after doing so.

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
saviol
Beginner

Hi,

Today I have installed Windows 10 home ver. 20H2. Also I have download from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/126790/Intel-UHD-Graphics-630 latest drivers 27.20.100.8935 and unfortunatelly the blinking isn't resolved.

The display on the screen working fine, when there isn't any driver installed on the system.

I have attached the report.

What is more, I tested the procesor on OCCT and it was working fine 4-5 hours without any errors.

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello saviol,

Thank you so for the update.

• Does the flickering issue occurs once you boot into the operating system only? Will the flickering occur in BIOS?
  • Do you remember the driver version that was installed in your computer prior to this behavior?
  • Are you using a straight connection to the monitor? No adapters/dongles?

As per SSU I understand that your motherboard is a MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK*.

To ensure top performance and system stability I would recommend the update of your BIOS to the latest version. And then check results.

The latest version is dated for 10/14/2020 and you can find it here.

For this please check with your motherboard manufacturer for step-by-step guidance during the process.

To ensure the proper functionality of the processor, I would recommend the following steps:

Run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool and send the results either in a .txt file. To save the report, once the test is done, click on "File >> View Results File" and attach the .txt file to your reply.

I hope that you will notice an improvement after those steps.

Esteban D.

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied. 

0 Kudos
saviol
Beginner

Hello Esteban,

Answearing to your questions:

• Does the flickering issue occurs once you boot into the operating system only? Will the flickering occur in BIOS? the flickering issue occurs only when I get to the operating system. It has never happend in BIOS
  • Do you remember the driver version that was installed in your computer prior to this behavior? - It's working fine on a defaut windows driver. After installing UHD Graphics 630 the screen is flickering. I attached a screenshot where you can see the driver version
  • Are you using a straight connection to the monitor? No adapters/dongles? - I didn't use any adapters. I plug the monitor by hdmi straight to motherboard. What is more I tried today on a different monitor and the flicker issue happened again.

I have updated to the latest version of BIOS - 7C80v13 from 2020-10-14. It didn't change the situation.

Ok. I Ran the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool - but on a Windows flickering (so with UHD 630 driver - the latest version). I attached the report. It seems that cpu pass all ot test. I really don't understand why is the screen flickering after installing UHD 630 driver..

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello saviol,

Thank you so much for your response.

Based on the IPDT report we can determine that the processor is working as expected as it was able to pass different stress test. This ensures processor functionality.

In order to cover all possibilities I would recommended the following:

As you may know, each motherboard manufacturer will provide a customized driver which purpose is to ensure peak performance for different components.

After reviewed the motherboard download site, I noticed that they actually provide a customized graphics driver for your motherboard.

It is version 27.20.100.8336. Please try the driver provided by your manufacturer and check results with me. You can find it under “On-Board VGA Drivers”

Hopefully, we will notice an improvement after this installation.

Esteban D.

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied. 

0 Kudos
saviol
Beginner

Hello Esteban,

At first I have installed gpu driver ver. 27.20.100.8336 and the issue appears so unfortunately this is not a resolve.

I have send my cpu to my supplier. It's seems that it's something wrong with it.

However thank you very much for your help.

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello saviol,

Thank you so much for your response.

I understand that you send your processor to the seller for a hardware inspection and the possible replacement of the device.

It’s a shame that there was no improvement after all the troubleshooting steps performed in the thread, but I hope that you will be able to resolve this after checking with your supplier.

That being said, as you are working directly with them we will proceed with the closure of this inquiry.

However, if you have any additional question please post a new question and we will be more than glad to assist you.

Note: Please consider that this thread will no longer being monitored  

Esteban D.

0 Kudos