Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

intel(r) hd graphics 520 display adapter HDMI port not working

gintsu
Beginner

Hello, a few months ago my laptop stopped being able to detect when an HDMI cable was plugged in. I am hoping to figure out what the cause of this issue is, I am currently using intel(r) hd graphics 520.

I have already tried to update my drivers to the newest version. I have also tried to Disable the display adapter and enable it again. I have also restarted the laptop and reset it o factory default. None of these seem to have fixed the issue.

(UPDATE) Upon further inspection I am getting an error via device manager events log. Its saying device not started (igfx)

Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1916&SUBSYS_06B21028&REV_07\3&11583659&0&10 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: oem99.inf

Class Guid: {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

Service: igfx

Lower Filters: 

Upper Filters: 

Problem: 0x0

Problem Status: 0xC00000E5

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Did you tried to install Graphic Driver released by your Laptop Manufacturer, rather than the driver released by Intel? Many times, the Intel driver are changed by laptop manufacturer in order to accommodate with the hardware.

Leon

0 Kudos
gintsu
Beginner

I managed to fix it, a recent windows update had been causing the driver to get corrupt, Rolling back the windows update and letting my drivers install before windows updated managed to fix it.