Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

intel(r) hd graphics 530 display adapter HDMI port not working with raspberry display

JRich46
Beginner

Hello, I bought a portable display (PORPOISE) it's not working with my graphics card.

I can plug into any other monitor or television and have no issues what so ever but with the PORPOISE connected I'll either get a black screen on both laptop and display, or black screen on Display only.s, and uninstalling and reinstalling the original drivers to know avail.

The error output that see in the event manager is :

Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_191B&SUBSYS_11911462&REV_06\3&11583659&1&10 had a problem starting. Driver Name: oem46.inf Class Guid: {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318} Service: igfx Lower Filters: Upper Filters: Problem: 0x15 Problem Status: 0x0

Last Device Instance Id: DISPLAY\EXN0000\4&3b710c68&1&UID206371 Class Guid: {4d36e96e-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318} Location Path: ACPI(_SB_)#ACPI(PCI0)#ACPI(GFX0)#ACPI(DD06) Migration Rank: 0xF000FFFF00000100 Present: false Status: 0xC0000719.

Any idea's on how to resolve this?

**FINAL UPDATE - HARDWARE COMPATIBILITY ISSUE CONFIRMED.

I spent the afternoon with microsoft support... to eliminate that the problem was not from the operating system ... it's definitely device compatibility.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

And, all other monitors work? And, it is not possible for the raspberry display to be faulty?

Doc

View solution in original post

5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So, all monitors work except the raspberry display? hmmm....

Doc

0 Kudos
JRich46
Beginner

It was working fine until 3 weeks ago when all the microsoft updates was done, hence why I uninstalled all Intel updates - returned the manufacturer setiings, made sure microsoft updates were disabled. The reinstalled base install worked for less 1 day.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

And, all other monitors work? And, it is not possible for the raspberry display to be faulty?

Doc

JRich46
Beginner

Unfortunately - yes this display is the only one with issues, but when I connected the display to my media player (andriod)- viola no issues :-/.

I'm not understanding why when I look at the error reports it's referencing "oem46.inf Class Guid: {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318} Service: igfx Lower Filters: Upper Filters: Problem: 0x15 Problem Status: 0x0" as the problem zone - or am I understanding it wrong? ie report is of symptom not cause...

**UPDATE**

I uninstalled intel 530 adaptor, and used base "microsoft basic display adaptor" same behavior .. black screen/no picture (on both) when PORPOISE is connected 😞 so I've put the situation up in Microsoft 10 forum just incase it's an operating system related ... I don't know enough about ACPI 's to narrow it down further 😞 ... any idea's?

0 Kudos
JRich46
Beginner

Before new symptoms of no picture on both main and display (PORPOISE) sound only from PORPOISE , the results of the uninstall updates reinstalled base can be viewed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvdPD387a0U .

Order of recording is; 1st Display Only, Extended, then display 2 only (last part of recording) . Luckily because the configurations were not confirmed to keep, the display reverted to set (extended), but now black screen , black screen for both when (PORPOISE) is connected.

I'm also in communications with PORPOISE support, but as I mentioned this display was kind of working with my laptop until 3 weeks ago, (I say kindof because the youtube recording was as far as I could get with it -ever).

Unfortunately - this display is the only one with issues, but when I connected the display to my media player (andriod)- viola no issues :-/.

**UPDATE**

I uninstalled intel 530 adaptor, and used base "microsoft basic display adaptor" same behavior .. black screen when PORPOISE is connected 😞 so I've put the situation up in Microsoft 10 forum just incase it's an operating system related ... I don't know enough about ACPI 's to narrow it down further 😞 ... any idea's?

0 Kudos