Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21164 Discussions

monitor detected but display nothing

ahmedadellll
Beginner

i have samsung syncmaster b2330 monitor

and xps 15 laptop 

and i try use the monitor as extetnal monitor through dvi to hdmi converter 

the laptop detects the monitor but the monitor shows nothing 

for my laptop i have intel uhd 630 graphics

i tried the same connections on old hp laptop with intel hd graphics 3000 and it worked well 

i've been trying hard but couldn't find the solution

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ) for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
ahmedadellll
Beginner

i've uploaded the system info file you asked for

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello ahmedadellll,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We will be more than glad to help you with your issue connecting an external monitor.

Regarding your issue, we would like to request and recommend the following:

• Has this issue been present since you first attached the Samsung monitor?
  • If possible, test a different TV/monitor and HDMI cable.
  • We noticed that your system has hybrid graphics, using integrated graphics and a discrete adapter. Can you disable the Nvidia adapter and check if the issue persists on the integrated GPU?
  • Can you test different display connections, such as VGA?

Best regards

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ahmedadellll
Beginner

Hello Jean,

• Has this issue been present since you first attached the Samsung monitor? yes it has
  • my laptop connects well to a modern smart LG monitor through HDMI to HDMI cable 
  • it connects well to the Samsung monitor but through HDMI to VGA converter but with low quality display
  • Regarding my Nvidia I Disabled the adapter and nothing happened the monitor still get detected but nothing appears on it

Best regards

Ahmed

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello ahmedadellll,

Thanks for the information provided.

Since the unit is working fine with a modern monitor and the system also works ok if you use an HDMI to VGA connection, we can confirm that the graphics adapter is working as expected. We would like to recommend you contact your system and display manufacturer to confirm further support. They can provide you with further compatibility information.

It is important to mention that we always recommend using straight connections with no video adapters/dongles in between.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello ahmedadellll,

We hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello ahmedadellll,

We hope you are doing fine.

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos