Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21094 Discussions

ntkrnlmp.exe and igdkmd64.sys

Mee_0-0
Beginner

Hi,

Could anyone assist with a driver issue, please?

After a bsod I was unable to log into my computer, I have been advised that it is this ntkrnlmp.exe and igdkmd64.sys thats the issue, and would like to revert back to the previous driver to see if it fixes the problem.

So, I'm looking for a previous driver to this one igdkmd64.sys after a bsod on windows10.

Thanks

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello Mee_0-0,

Thank you for posting in Intel community Forum.

For us to further check this, please help provide the following details:

1. What is the model of the Graphics controller?
  2. What is the brand and model of your system?
  3. What was the last thing you change before the BSOD happened?
  4. Can you still boot to your Operating System?

If you have questions, please let us know. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Mee_0-0
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you,

I'm not sure what graphics controller it is, could you let me know how to find this information from the DOS prompt, please?

I've tried to use the wmic path win32_videocontroller, but it didn't work, could you advise another way or option, please.

it's a Dell all in one, I7 core, 8th generation. I think 27" screen.

I'm not sure I did anything like update windows,

I'm able to boot the computer using the shift key, then access DOS via this route.

Thanks again for you help ,

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Mee_0-0,

Thank you for the quick reply.

You can get the model of the Graphics in the Device Manager, under Display adapters.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mee_0-0
Beginner

Hi,

I'm unable to login to the computer and I am only able to access the DOS prompt when holding the shift key down, while resetting the computer.

When I have the DOS prompt available i have found the folder with CMD.exe file but it won't run.

Could you advise or explain another solution to finding the driver details.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Mee_0-0,

Let me check first, let me clarify some information.

1. Are you using inboard Graphics or a PCIe Graphics card?
  2. What is the complete model of your processor?
  3. What happened to your OS? You cannot boot to Windows anymore?

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Mee_0-0,

I hope this message finds you well. 

Were you able to check the previous post?

Please let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mee_0-0
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you for asking,

The graphics card would be inboard it's an all in one dell computer, 27inch touch screen. Processor is an i7 core processor.

I turned on my computer and a blue screen loaded saying something went wrong couldn't load and a diagnostic would run. It ran the diagnostic saying it would restore back to a time before the error occurred, recommending a date, when finished it said would I like to check the hardware, not having time for this I reset the computer to login to see if all was ok. Only to find the password now didn't work.

I've tried to start up in safe mode but it goes back to the start screen where the password doesn't work.

I've loaded the DOS prompt, found notepad and seen recent work saved in notepad has gone. So it must have gone back to the recommended date as the txt files were saved on the desktop .

I tried to run diagnostics again but it says start up repair couldn't repair your pc.

It has also said explorer.exe system error : The system detected an overrun of a web-based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application.

I hope this explains it a little further.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Mee_0-0,

If you can still enter the OS, please help generate the SSU logs of your system for me to get the hardware and driver details.

Please download the utility here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html

If you have any questions, please let us know. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mee_0-0
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks for this, much appreciated.

I'll reply back with details as soon as possible. 

Regards,

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello Mee_0-0,

Good day.

We understand that you are having an issue with booting up to the desktop screen and an attempt to do a start-up repair does not push through as you are getting this error: "couldn't repair your PC".

BSODs can be caused by both hardware issues and driver issues. But as long as we cannot load up Windows (OS), we won't be able to update/fix any corrupted drivers.

We hope to know if there have been any updates/steps that tried to fix this issue so we can take note of it and identify how to proceed with our next steps.

We will wait for your reply.

Best regards,

JeanetteC.

0 Kudos
Mee_0-0
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks again,

I can only get to dos after pressing the shift key when resetting the computer. I am unable to load Windows OS as it won't accept my password. When I am in DOS I can open notepad to look in other directories. I managed to save the SSU file to the computer this way.

When I ran the SSU.msi program it came up with the following error message - "an attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist. "

I am only able to navigate the X:\ directory and cannot change to any other drive.

Would you have any other suggestions, please, or am I unable to save the computer?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Mee_0-0,

Right now, we still don't have the model of your Graphics controller. Please help provide the following details for us to start investigating this issue.

1. Please take a screenshot of your device manager and expand "Display adapters" and "Processors"

If you have any questions, please let us know. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Mee_0-0,

I hope this message finds you well. 

Were you able to check the previous post?

Please let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Mee_0-0,

I hope you are having a good day.

I am sending another follow up on the information that I requested. 

Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need further assistance, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Thank you and have a great day. 

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mee_0-0
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you for your help so far.

It is a shame I can't get the information you require.

I just want to confirm for you. I'm unable to login into windows to install new drivers or access the device manager as suggested.

I can't seem to run the SSU file in DOS.

I have provided to pictures of the model information, I'm not sure if this will give some information to get an understanding of what computer it is.

Thanks again,

0 Kudos
Mee_0-0
Beginner

Hi,

Before you close my question, could you let me know if the pictures gave you information about the compute, please?I

Thanks

0 Kudos