Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

"Display driver Intel HD Graphics stopped responding and has recovered."

EGelg
Beginner

Hi, I have Intel Pentium 3550M CPU. Whenever i install the onboard graphics driver it gives me "display driver intel hd graphics stopped responding and has recovered" over and over again. I had to use the "roll back driver" option in device manager. Now in device manager it shows as "microsoft basic display adapter". And i can't use like this because now my computer lags a lot. I just changed my OS and still same. Please help. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
EGelg
Beginner

Hi, sorry for late reply. I was working on it and after doing all the Windows Updates (I have Windows 8.1 x64) it stopped doing that. And of course it kept giving the same error as i was updating it, so it was a nightmare. Thank you all for your reply, and again, sorry for late reply.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

EGelg, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

When did the issue start?

Which specific Windows* version are you using?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Also, please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows and have it save the report to a file. Then, using the paperclip icon below the edit window, upload and attach this file to your response post.

...S

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello EGelg, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
EGelg
Beginner

Hi, sorry for late reply. I was working on it and after doing all the Windows Updates (I have Windows 8.1 x64) it stopped doing that. And of course it kept giving the same error as i was updating it, so it was a nightmare. Thank you all for your reply, and again, sorry for late reply.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hi EGelg, No problem at all, thank you very much for letting us know those results.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that after doing the Windows* updates the problem got fixed and now the computer is working properly.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos