Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20945 Discussions

"vga card is not supported by uefi driver"

ibrahim_
Beginner

mainboard: Asus Tuf gaming 520m-plus

cpu: amd ryzen 5 3500x

gpu: intel arc 770

As I learned from Jean_Intel(moderator) that my A320 mainboard is not compatible with arc 770, I changed the mainbord to a520. But I still get an error while booting the pc:

"The VGA Card is not supported by UEFI driver. CSM settings have been changed for better compatibility"

When this occurs dvi port gets out of charge whereas hpdmi port works.

When I explored the forum, I saw that some other users got the same error and reply was like that:  We are on it, we are working on a  v.bios upgrade. (in April 2023). 

Is there any solution for this? Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello ibrahim_,

We are jumping into the conversation to confirm if you have been able to test the BIOS and driver updates we suggested before.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello ibrahim_,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We understand that the "vga card is not supported by UEFI driver" is still present after upgrading your motherboard to an a520.

You mentioned that you are having a problem with the DVI port. Do you refer to the DisplayPort or are you using an adapter to connect the graphics card ports (HDMI or DP) to a DVI port?

Based on the problem you are describing, we would like to recommend you make sure to disable SVM feature from BIOS settings:

• To disable SVM feature, go to AdvancedSVM Mode, and click enable/disable AMD SVM.

If you need help navigating your BIOS settings, contact the motherboard manufacturer.

For testing purposes, try the Display Driver Uninstaller. Check How to Use the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to Uninstall an Intel® Graphics Driver for instructions. Once you run the tool, you should install the latest Intel driver, 31.0.101.4644. The DDU tool will eliminate all drivers and leftover files from previous driver versions, and we can discard that there are driver leftovers causing your issue.

Best regards, 

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
ibrahim_
Beginner

Hello Jean,

I said DVI port by  mistake. I use display port directly. I have no adapter and  I don't use DVI. 

I checked SVM mode and it is already disabled.

I have an asus monitor which is connected with display port, and a panasonic tv with hdmi port. Every time I start the pc, hdmi port works immediately, whereas display bort begins to work after windows starts. I can't do BIOS changes with display port because only hdmi port works during that time.

I can try Display Driver uninstall but, this issue seems to be related to BIOS. Once the PC boots and passes through BIOS to windows , then no problem occurs. Can drivers solve a problem of BIOS? After this information , if you still recommend DDU, I will try it. 

I also would like to ask about the firmware upgrade of GPU which I mentioned in my first post. I had a similar port problem with Nvidia GPU, and it was solved with firmware upgrade.

Thank you. Best Regards

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello ibrahim_,

Thank you for all the information provided.

If you suspect that this is a BIOS issue, it is true that a Driver update may not solve the problem. However, the new driver 31.0.101.4644 contains a new firmware update. You can try updating the driver to install the new Firmware update to test it.

However, to discard that there is a problem with your BIOS, please, Update the BIOS to the latest version available. Based on the BIOS website, the latest version available is 3202. If necessary, they can provide instructions on how to update it.

Best regards, 

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello ibrahim_,

We are jumping into the conversation to confirm if you have been able to test the BIOS and driver updates we suggested before.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello ibrahim_,

We have noticed that you have marked the thread as solved, so we would assume that your problem is now solved. We are glad to know that the information helped you. Hopefully, it will help other community members. We will now close this thread. If you need additional information, please submit a new question since this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos