Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

screen mirroring wireless display

Nelson_Camacho
Beginner

I have a HP laptop with Intel Iris Plus Graphics, after upgrade to driver version 27.20.100.9168 i cannot connect any more to my Samsung TV with screen mirroring wireless display.

I detects the TV but cannot establish the connection.

If i restore previous version of drivers it can connect perfectly, but previos driver version have another problem, sometimes i loose the screen it starts "flickering"

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Nelson_Camacho, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

So we can better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. I will send you an e-mail to the e-mail address associated with your community profile requesting some reports that may contain sensitive information.  

2. You mentioned that previous driver versions do connect to the displays but they have a "flickering problem", can you provide which driver version(s) connect with flickering, and which version(s) work without problems?  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Nelson_Camacho
Beginner

Hi,

with version 26.20.100.7926 laptop can connect to wireless display,
but, sometimes, the laptop screen starts flickering. I usually have an
external monitor connected by HDMI and the external monitor shows no
problems.

With the recent version 27.20.100.9168 i never saw this problem on the
laptop monitor but it cannot connect to wireless display, it founds
the display, says is "connect" and the disconnects with a message that
something went wrong.

best regards,

Nelson Camacho

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Nelson_Camacho,  

Thank you for your reply. 

Since the wireless display feature is handled by the Operating System (OS) and the laptop manufacturer (OEM) design, our recommendation is to check with the OEM and Microsoft* directly. Most likely this is something the OEM should check as the problem can be with your specific platform. 

Please be aware that the Intel graphics card and drivers do not handle wireless display technology. 

Any questions, please let me know.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M   

0 Kudos
Nelson_Camacho
Beginner

That makes no sence!

1 - The system works

2 - upgrade display driver

3 - the system dont work

4 - downgrade display driver

5- the system work

There must be some relation, something in new display driver breaks the function!

Best regards

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Nelson_Camacho,   

Thank you for your reply. 

Please let us review this behavior internally. 

Once we have an update we will post it on this thread.  

Regards,   

Sebastian M    

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Nelson_Camacho,    

Thank you for waiting. 

We tested driver 27.20.100.9168 on a ThinkPad T580 laptop connecting to a Samsung Q67 TV via Miracast and it worked fine. Lab video here: https://youtu.be/j-_eI7SsxGY. We also tested with Intel Xe Graphics, Dell laptop, no issues. 

This is most likely a compatibility issue introduced with the new driver but this can be due to the driver not being tested nor validated yet for your laptop. You should wait for the driver to be formally released by the OEM. 

Regards,    

Sebastian M     

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Nelson_Camacho,  

I hope our recommendations result useful to you.

As mentioned, this is something that needs to be addressed by your OEM. Based on that, we will close this inquiry.

If you have any additional questions, please post a new thread and we will gladly assist you.

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Max-S
Beginner

Hello @Nelson_Camacho,

I had the same problem you described with different laptop computers, a Toshiba Z20t-C (Intel Core m7-6Y75 with Intel HD Graphics 515) and a dynabook X30-F (Intel Core i5-8265U with Intel UHD Graphics 620), both using an Intel AX200 Wi-Fi adapter with the latest driver. My Miracast/WiDi target devices are multiple Microsoft Wireless Display V2 Adapters, updated to the latest firmware.

Mirroring worked using the driver versions 7263 and 7584 – but stopped working with version 7755.

Mirroring worked again using the driver versions 8681, 8783, 8853 and 8935 – but stopped working again with version 9025. The problem persisted at least up to version 9126 (didn’t test 9168) . This bugged me a lot, because Windows Update sometimes updated the driver in the background, causing mirroring not working any more.

I am quite happy it works again since using driver version 9316 from 2021-03-03 on both laptops mentioned. Perhaps you can update the driver on your device and test?

@Sebastian_M_Intel what changes have been made to the driver between version 9126 and 9316 regarding to Miracast/WiDi (Wireless Display)? I cannot find any reference in the drivers’ Release Notes.

Jm2c
Max

Nelson_Camacho
Beginner

Hi @Max-S 

Thank you for your message!

After install lastest driver version it started working again!

I can now mirror my laptop to TV screen with no problem!

And, so far, no issues on laptop screen.

Thanks

Nelson Camacho

0 Kudos