Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

when I scan with intel driver support , it says my graphic driver needs a update , but I get a message that I have attached

DIlja
Beginner

Capture.PNGwhen I scan with intel driver support , it says my graphic driver needs a update , but I get a message that I have attached

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

This is most likely occurring because you have upgraded to Windows 1809 and you must manually update the graphics driver. This is essentially the process:

1. Download the latest available driver for your NUC from https://downloadcenter.intel.com and save it to your system drive.
  2. Shutdown your NUC.
  3. Very Important! Disable internet access. Unplug network cable if using Ethernet or (temporarily) disable router if using Wireless.
  4. Power up your NUC and boot into Windows.
  5. From the Apps and Features applet, select the Intel Graphics Driver entry and click on Uninstall.
  6. Reboot your NUC.
  7. Install the latest available driver that you downloaded in Step 1.
  8. Shutdown your NUC.
  9. Re-enable internet access.
  10. Power up your NUC and boot into Windows.
  11. Using the Microsoft Store app, download and install the Intel Graphics Control Panel app.
  12. Test.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
DIlja
Beginner

​HI Scott

I have 1 more question if I do windows update , then the audio driver gets updated , but after that I have the sound cutting out so I have rollback the update.  I think for now I wont do any update also no graphic update as it maybe will create issues.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I seem to remember, in another conversation, someone mentioning there is an updated driver that supposedly fixes this issue. They were downloading directly from the RealTek web site. Whether this is the version that has been released to MS for Windows Update and whether this driver actually fixes the problem, I don't know (I haven't looked into it).

...S

0 Kudos