Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1921 Discussions

10bit color not working with arc a750 GPU

zyada7med
Novice

hello
i have AOC Q27G4 which has 10 bit but in windows sittings only i can see 8 bit and there is no option to change that either from windows nor arc control
i would like help with that since there is no reason for it to not work, thanks.

zyada7med_0-1716198963595.png

0 Kudos
12 Replies
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Zyada7me,

Thank you for creating a thread in our graphics community page.

We know how vivid a display can go if you activate its 10-bit capability. We will work with you to provide you recommendations on how to make it work.

We need the following information, so we can determine viable suggestions:

1. It would really help us if we can get more information about your system. Please download and run our Intel® System Support Utility from this page, https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html. To run it, please press "Scan". After the scan is finished, click next and there will be a save button, giving you an option to save the logs to a text file, please do so and attach the file on your reply. You can refer to How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows* https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057926/memory-and-storage.html for additional instructions on how to save text logs using the tool.

2. To confirm, is your monitor connected via HDMI?

3. Are you using any display converters? (Example: USB-C to HDMI)

4. Did you install the monitor driver on your system?

5. Are you using the max resolution of your monitor which is QHD?

6. Do you have the Intel Graphics Command Center installed?

7. How did you try to activate 10-bit color using Windows display?

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support Technician

zyada7med
Novice

i attached it 
i'm connecting my monitor with dp cable i don't really want to use hdmi as i will lose my high refresh rate if i do
i'm sure of all your other questions and with my old GPU windows detected my 10 bit color normally when i was randomly checking i saw it only showing 8 bit

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Zyada7me,

Thank you providing those information.

Please allow us some time to check on this. 

We will get back to you as soon as we have updates on how to resolve your concern

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
zyada7med
Novice

sure, I'll be waiting

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Zyada7me,

Thank you for waiting for our update.

Here are our suggestions to enable 10-bit color on your ARC A750 GPU:

1. Just to confirm, are you using the same cables and equipment that allow you to get 10-bit display output on your old GPU?

2. Please follow the steps on this article, https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000093213/graphics.html

3. Check the on-screen display (OSD) settings of your AOC monitor to ensure that it is configured to display 10-bit color. You may check with AOC support  to ask for assistance on how to configure this.

4. You may also refer to the following article, How Do I Set Color Depth or Color Format in the Intel® Graphics Command Center? (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000087657/graphics.html)

Best Regards,

Alfred S

0 Kudos
zyada7med
Novice

hello
yes, I'm using the same everything i was using before switching the GPU 
as I said in previous reply, I'm using display port cable and i do not wish to use HDMI because that will make me not able to use high refresh rates so all the solutions in the links couldn't use them sadly and i don't have IGPU too.

0 Kudos
MUC
Valued Contributor II
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Zyada7me,

Thank you for considering to try our suggestions.

Are you able to activate HDR on Windows Display Settings? If yes, do you see the option to turn on HDR and WCG?

Best Regards,

Alfred S

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Zyada7me,

I wanted to check if you had the chance to review the questions I posted. Please let me know at your earliest convenience so that we can determine the best course of action to resolve this matter.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

0 Kudos
zyada7med
Novice

yes when i enable HDR it become 10 bit but i can not be using it all the time as it's not good on my monitor.
my problem is in SDR and as MUC said below it seem like a known issue from a long time.
i really like the card and the performance per dollar, i really hope for this problem to get solved and bring the attention of the developers more on it.
thanks

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Zyada7med,

We appreciate the update that you provided.

Thank you for your feedback. We will raise your feedback to the appropriate team.

For now, we will be concluding this thread. Rest assured; we would look into the suggestion that you have provided.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Zyada7med,

Thank you for waiting for our update.

We are aware of the limitations in our graphics software when it comes to controlling color depth over non-native HDMI connections. Currently, there is no feature available to adjust this setting. However, we have taken note of this concern and have submitted a request for this capability to be considered in future updates of our graphics software.

Please be assured that we recognize this as an area for improvement. A request has been made to include this feature in future releases of our graphics software. Our development team is actively exploring this enhancement, although we are currently unable to specify an exact timeline for its availability.

We appreciate your understanding and patience in this matter.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Thank you for contacting Intel® and have a great week!

Best Regards,

Alfred S

0 Kudos