Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1837 Discussions

A770 poor performance and noises while using Lightroom AI noise reduction

szmigieldesign

Hi,

it seems that the latest beta fixed the Lightroom crash when trying to use GPU acceleration with Lightroom AI noise reduction. This is good news!

However, compared to my laptop's 1060 TI, it's slow. Processing the same image takes ~15s on laptop and ~20s on A770.

Also, while processing, the graphics card emits noises. Those aren't very high pitched and can be easily heard.

I'm on beta 4499.

0 Kudos
33 Replies
szmigieldesign

Also, keep in mind that I'm using Acer Predator ARC A770, not the reference (Intel) A770.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello szmigieldesign

Thank you for letting us know. We will continue to take at look at this issue. I will post back once we have an update for you.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello szmigieldesign

We have been working on a fix for this issue and we want to let you know that the problem should be fixed in our latest driver, please update to the latest driver version 31.0.101.4972, and check if the performance while using AI Noise Reduction features has improved from your side.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
szmigieldesign

I have ~15s estimated time right now for the same RAW files as in the original post. The same as on 1060 Ti mobile. Shouldn't A770 be way faster than 1060 Ti?

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello szmigieldesign

The performance should have increased compared to our previous drivers did you notice any difference I see that you initially reported 20s in the Arc GPU and now 15s so, has it improved or is it still the same? I would also recommend you use DDU to uninstall the driver and do a clean installation to our latest version 31.0.101.5074.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
szmigieldesign

20s to 15s is an estimation that I see in Lightroom before applying the processing.

I did the test after a clean installation with DDU.

5074 is not available yet.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello szmigieldesign

The driver should be available on this link, if not, you can also download it from our download center.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello szmigieldesign

Please let us know if you were able to test our latest driver version 31.0.101.5074 and if the performance while using Lightroom has improved.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
szmigieldesign

Hi,

it's 15s from the original 20s.

I'm on 31.0.101.5074.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello szmigieldesign

Thank you for the information. I see it takes less time for the rendering to complete with the newer driver, however, I also understand that you think it should be faster, so allow me to check this with our team one more time and I will get back to you with more information.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello szmigieldesign

I checked this topic with our dev team and regarding the performance with Lightroom, we want to let you know that we are working closely with Adobe to further improve the performance across their platforms so creators can have a better experience. Future improvements are on its way for our Intel® Arc™ A-Series GPUs and at the moment we recommend that you keep your driver up to date to continue taking advantage of the fixes.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello szmigieldesign

As mentioned in our previous post we are working with Adobe to continue improving the performance across all their software platforms, so we recommend you keep updating your drivers to take advantage once these performance improvements are released. We will now close this thread since there are no further questions. If you need further assistance with any other issue, feel free to open a new topic.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Bobeca
Beginner

I can confirm that I have the same clicking noise problem as szmigieldesign when running the Denoise feature in LR. I have the Limited Edition A750, Lightroom 13.0.2 and 5084 drivers. 

I have made a recording as well, a bit noisy from the fans, unfortunately.  

I also see a really poor performance compared to others. Around 40-45 sec on a 24 megapixel RAW image.

0 Kudos