Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1783 Discussions

Allowing beta drivers stops normal updates

Remlin379
New Contributor I

I'm not sure if it's a bug or a feature, but I noticed that IDSA has found a new update (4577) while arc control didn't (allow beta updates was on, 4576 installed). When I disabled the beta updates, it immediately found the newer driver. If it's a bug, then this is just a report, if it's intended for beta channel to ONLY have beta drivers available, then I have suggestion to change it. 

Labels (1)
22 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Remlin379,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We would be more than glad to help you.

We would like to further investigate this matter; however, we would like to request more information about the issue:

• Could you share a video showing the behavior you describe?
  • We also would like to ask for more system information. Please create a system report using the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU):
    • Download the Intel SSU
    • Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View."
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View."
    • To save your scan: click "Next"; then "Save."

Best regards

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Remlin379
New Contributor I

Unfortunately, I already have the latest update, so I can't record it, I can only tell you the steps. 
 - Some time ago I enabled beta updates, then I updated to 4576 from 4575 when it was found
 - Even though I often check manually for new drivers, none were found
 - IDSA reported a new driver so I went to check in the arc control, but it found nothing
 - After disabling the beta updates and searching again, the 4577 driver was found and installed

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Remlin379,

Thank you for the information provided.

We will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello Remlin379,

Thank you for your patience.

As per our research, we need more information, please provide us with the following:

Can you please check in C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA and zip any folders and provide those to us for analysis?

Any update or error history will be captured in those logs.

Also, which version of Arc Control do you have installed?

Best regards

Isaac Q.

0 Kudos
Remlin379
New Contributor I

Here are the files
Arc control version is v. 1.70.5084.2

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Remlin379,

Thanks for your response.

We appreciate the new information you shared. We will resume our research on this matter internally, sharing the new details. We will be back as soon as we have further details.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Remlin379
New Contributor I

Just quick info, when I tried updating from 4577 to 4644, arc control couldn't find either normal nor beta driver

Remlin379
New Contributor I

Okay, so now both arc control and IDSA stopped reacting to any updates, they just think that pc has the newest drivers no matter if i search for beta or normal ones, the update system is completely broken and  the only way to get new drivers is to download them from site

Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Remlin379,

We appreciate your patience in waiting for a response. We would like to inform you that there have been multiple driver updates which include some improvements for the Arc Control. We want to recommend you test with driver version 31.0.101.4824 and check if the Arc Control is capable of reporting the new driver 31.0.101.4826.

You can also install the driver 31.0.101.4826, installing the latest Arc Control version 1.73.5335; revert to a previous driver using a custom installation, to uncheck the Arc Control installation package, and then test once more.

Test with the Intel DSA to see if the tool can properly notify you of these driver updates.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Remlin379,

We are checking in on your thread as we have not heard from you in some days, so we wanted to check if you have been able to test if, after updating the Arc Control software, it notifies you of the latest driver updates. Let us know your progress on it.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Remlin379
New Contributor I

I won't be rolling back my drivers to test out the updates because you made the process as annoying as it could be, but rather than a problam for me, it was an information to you to fix your distribution channel. You can close this thread, it's not like the updates can get any more annoying. 

Hrdina
Novice

It's a terrible app that failed at the basic function of contacting the update servers. An impressive fail. I was relying on "Intel Driver & Support Assistant" to keep my aware of updated drivers for my A770.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

" I was relying on "Intel Driver & Support Assistant" to keep my aware of updated drivers for my A770."

Big mistake.   IDSA is plagued with errors and cannot be trusted.   You would do better just to check the download page every couple of days yourself.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Remlin379,

We wanted to continue assisting you with the issue of Arc Control not detecting the latest drivers, but we understand that you only opened this thread to share the feedback so we can proceed to solve this issue. We appreciate your feedback, as it will help us improve the user experience with our product. We will proceed to close your thread, and if you require more information, please open a new thread since this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Remlin379,

Before we close this thread, we would like to further look into this matter internally, and we will post back as soon as we have more details. Thanks again for the feedback, and we invite you to open a new thread if you find any other issues or bugs. Your bug reports help us improve the product.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Hrdina,

Thank you for jumping in to share your experience, we are currently looking into this matter internally, and we will be back as soon as we have more details.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Remlin379
New Contributor I

I just checked, IDSA detected a new driver and there's one on the website, and yet, Arc control detects nothing. No matter if I check the WHQL only or not, it simply thinks it has the newest driver. From what I remember, last time Arc control received the update a day later, but I think it's a bit weird for a primary control application to be the last one to receive the driver update 

Bandit8623
New Contributor II

I've found this happened to me if a driver was installed over the top of another driver without using ddu.
Try ddu in safe mode.

Then install the newest driver via website. After that it should be able to search for the latest driver

0 Kudos
Hrdina
Novice

The damage is done. Rolling back Windows updates and DDU in safe mode with older Intel Arc drivers did not restore my card to fully functional.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Remlin379,

Thank you for your patience. We want to let you know that after looking into this matter and testing, we have been able to replicate the issue you described, and it is assigned now to our debug and development team.

We would like to thank taking the time to report this matter. We always appreciate the feedback we receive from the community. We will continue to further research this issue. We will post back as soon as we have more information.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos