Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1966 Discussions

Alt+Tab causing flashing in Overwatch 2

RC3
New Contributor I

A770 on 4146, latest BIOS on Asus x470, Updated Battle.net launcher, Updated Windows 11. 3 Monitors all connected to the card via DP (no dongles or other connectors), Overwatch 2 on main Display (native 3440x1440), Full Screen. New 1000w Seasonic ATX 3.0 PSU.  

Once in-game, simply alt+tab out. Upon returning to the game, the screen will flicker heavily, making the game unplayable. Only exiting the game seems to help. I've tried various resolutions, vsync enabled/not and nothing appears to fix it. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello RC3,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We understand that you are experiencing system crashes with your Intel® Arc™ A770.

To have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• Does the issue persist if you lower the video settings?
  • Does the issue only occur in this specific game?
  • Is this issue related to a specific game stage?
  • Share a screenshot with the game video setting you have set.
  • If it is possible, try recording a video showing the error. This would help with issue reproduction purposes.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
RC3
New Contributor I

I used the DDU in safe mode, went back into windows and reinstalled the 4146 drivers and that appears to have remedied the issue for the time being, so perhaps the driver was corrupted. 

Thank you for the follow up.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello RC3.

Thanks for the information provided.

We understand that the issue seems to be solved after running the DDU software and installing the .4146 driver. Sometimes, doing a clean install of the software/drivers for any hardware can help to fix specific issues that can be associated so any additional software that might be causing malfunction.

Thank you for taking the time to share this possible fix. Hopefully, it may help other community members experiencing similar behavior. Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos