Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1950 Discussions

Arc A750 Power consumption and clock frequency

White
Beginner

So far I did the same as High Power Consumption when Intel® Arc™ Graphics Card said, but the idle power consumption of the GPU is still around 42w.

All Bios changes done and also the energy settings in windows, but in vain.

Also I cheaked the PCI Express on the hwinfo64 that indicated the status of ASPM was in L1 Entry successfully.

But the GPU frequency still goes around 1000MHz in idle.

Then I asked others who had the same issue. And I found that if the cpu does not have a core graphics card, the power problem would remain unsettled.

So I want to know whether it is true. And if that is the case, what is the new solution.

In addition, the GPU frequency in the AIDA64 goes between 300MHz and 1000MHz, which was strange. 

@intel 

0 Kudos
22 Replies
AjrAlves
New Contributor II

@White Is your 1080P monitor 60, 75, 120 or 144+Hz?
under 40W idle power on Arc is only achievable with NATIVE 60Hz monitors.

EDIT: from what I've searched, the AOC 2769 is a 75Hz unit, but info on this monitor is kinda of sparse.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello White

As recommended in our previous post, please check with your motherboard manufacturer if the ASPM settings are correctly configured since they can have a different name or be located in different menus depending on each manufacturer. Since we have not heard back from you we will close this thread but feel free to open a new topic if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos