Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1782 Discussions

Arc A750 high idle power consumption

photoenix
Novice

Hi, I hope you can help me.

I have the Asrock Challenger A750 on a MSI PRO Z790-P WiFi DDR4 with a 4K 60Hz display connected via DP.

Followed the steps setting ASPM + Power Plan, but it won't go below 40W.

Fresh Win11 install, ReBar on and tried newest drivers (4255/4257).

Also tried lowering the resolution from 4K to 1080P, still 40W.

Even tried DDU.

Am I missing something?

Power Plan Settings.png

Arc Control.png

ASPM Settings 1.jpg

ASPM Settings 2.jpg

    

0 Kudos
7 Replies
MarekBazik
Beginner

Interesting. I had this problem until a few days ago, before a Windows update. Win 11 Pro, Gigabyte Z790 D DDR4 board i5 13600KF, 32GB RAM, A770 LE. All the settings done the same and now it idles around 7-8W. Except Intel power plan set to balanced. Does also not work on my friends A750. Previously it worked on the A750. Something had to change. Drivers or some Windows update

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello photoenix

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communities. I am sorry you are experiencing high power consumption issues with your Intel® Arc™ A750 Graphics.

Taking a look at the log files that you shared with us, there is one missing BIOS update for your motherboard, in this case, please go to your motherboard manufacturer's website and update to the latest BIOS version.

Once the BIOS is updated and if the issue persists, please let us know so we can further look into this issue.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
photoenix
Novice

Hi there.

Windows is updated and the BIOS Update didn't help either, still 40W.

If there is anything else I can try let me know

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello photoenix

Thank you for sharing the information and troubleshooting results with us. Please allow me to check this with our team and will post back once I have more information for you.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello photoenix

Thank you for your patience. After checking the information provided by our team, allow me to let you know that there is no ideal power draw at idle and we only define it for typical workloads which will be 225W.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello photoenix

I see there are no further questions related to this topic, in this case, we will be closing this thread, however, feel free to open a new topic in case you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Darklegion1978
New Contributor I

Hi,

have you done the GPU Bios Update from Asrock against the high Idle consumption?

If not, heres the Link for the Workaround and Bios Update for all Asrock Gpus like A750 and A770 so that ASPM works.

ASRock > FAQ

Greetings

@Hugo_Intel would be great, if you could save the Site for other Questions about high idle and Asrock Gpus.

I had the same problem, no one knows about the Bios Update from Asrock against the high idle power.

And was just luck that i seen it on theyr Homepage under the FAQ Section, not listet in the normal Download Section on the Asrock Website.

0 Kudos