Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1656 Discussions

Arc a750 fan speed based on gpu utilization

CCriCar
Beginner

I've noticed that the fan speed depends on the gpu utilization. At 40 degrees celcius it spins to 1500 rpm because of 80%of gpu utilization, even for a second.

Is there any way to resolve this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello CCriCar,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We would be more than glad to help you with your issue.

In our latest driver 31.0.101.4369, we have added new fan speed controls within the performance page under the performance tuning configuration of Intel Arc Control:

• Automatic allows the driver to control your fan speed behavior.
  • Fixed fan target enables a static fan speed.
  • The fan curve enables a dynamic fan speed to adjust fan speed with temperature targets.

You can use the Fan curve feature to adjust the fan speed based on your temperature targets. Keep in mind that the max threshold for GPU temp is 90 C fans behaviors and temperatures are OK within the parameters.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
CCriCar
Beginner
Hi Jean,
I have the latest drivers and i see my fan curve option.
EVEN if I enable the custom curve, the card keeps going at a fast fan Speed when the gpu utilization goes up, even if the temperatures are low. On the desktop With no programs running.
I hope you fix the problem in the next driver updates.
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello CCriCar,

Thanks for the information provided

We would like to further investigate this matter. However, we would like to better understand how you are ensuring that the fan speed is related to GPU utilization. Could you provide us with a video showing how you check this behavior?

It is important to mention that when the utilization goes up, card temperatures will also increase; therefore, the fan needs to go faster to maintain the low temperature.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
CCriCar
Beginner

Hi jean, when i can i will send you a video.

I have to say that the fans start spinning at 49 degrees and with gpu utilization at 50% (even for a second) on the desktop.

This evening I will send the video.

P.S.

The fans of the card go 100% when booting the pc but whem the Arc drivers kick in the fans stops and then they begin with the problem. (Maybe this can help you guys fixing the problem)

0 Kudos
CCriCar
Beginner

Hi jean, I am so sorry. I understand i am stupid.

I was watching my cpu utilization and dfiscovered that was my cpu cooler going crazy.

I am so sorry I wasted your time.

The gpu is ok

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello CCriCar,

We understand that you just noticed that the issue is not related to the graphics adapter and is instead related to your CPU cooler. It is a silly mistake that anyone can make.

We want to confirm if there is anything else we can help you with.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello CCriCar,

We hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello CCriCar,

We hope you are doing fine.

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos