Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1968 Discussions

Arc stops recording during long captures

mckealty
Beginner

Hi, 

I like to record my Portal 2 playthroughs but, because I'm not smart, solving them can sometimes take quite a long time. Occasionally once I finish, I'll go and look at the video I captured and it will have stopped recording...usually at around an hour.

Even though the application still says it's recording, the video will simply be cut short in the middle of my play. Nothing will pop up telling me that it's stopped.

Is there something I'm doing that's causing this? Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello mckealty

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communities. We will be glad to help you with the issue you are experiencing related to the gameplay recording with Arc Control.

We would like first to get you hardware and driver details so we can have more information about your system, so please create and share a report from the Intel® System Support Utility with us.

Also, please let us know and check if this issue only happens with Portal 2 in particular or if it can be reproduced with any other game or just by recording the screen without opening any app/game.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello mckealty

Please share with us the information we requested in our previous post, so we can help you to get this issue resolved.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
mckealty
Beginner

Hi, this is all set so you can close or delete this thread. Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Alex0072
Beginner

Ensure your recording software settings allow for longer durations, check available storage space on your device, and use a powerful computer to handle both gaming and recording processes seamlessly. Additionally, periodically check the recording status during gameplay to catch any potential interruptions.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello mckealty

Thank you for letting us know. It is great that you were able to fix this issue, As per your request we will be closing this thread, and feel free to open a new topic if you need further assistance with any other problem.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos