Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1891 Discussions

Bad performance in fortnite

Benjileopold
Beginner
This was my original post https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-ARC-Graphics/Intel-arc-a730m-poor-performance-in-fortnite/m-p/1574779/emcs_t/S2h8ZW1haWx8dG9waWNfc3Vic2NyaXB0aW9ufExTWUVETjlZQlU1RjVOfDE1NzQ3Nzl8U1VCU0NSSVBUSU9OU3xoSw#M12599

It's better now but still there are fps drops on dx11 performance mode, not smooth as it should be considering how powerful the hardware is. For example there are massive fps drops when buildings in the game are being destroyed after pressing a button(button that destroys all building on the map) in bhe 1v1 build fight map. Im using latest 5333 drivers, hope to get this resolved soon cuz i was hoping this laptop will be very fast and powerful and still drivers are not very optimal
0 Kudos
10 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Benjileopold,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

Please take note that for the best possible performance, Intel recommends running Fortnite in DirectX 12 mode, and this is where our focus is right now.

We have checked your previous thread that you shared with us, and my colleague Von provided this link to address your issue: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/gaming/resources/how-to-improve-fps-in-Fortnite.html

And these steps as well:

Go to Windows -> Settings -> System -> Power: set "Power Mode" to 'Best Performance'.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards, 

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Benjileopold,

We are checking in with you on the Fortnite issue we are having in case you have any additional queries or require further explanation. Please know that we would be happy to assist you if you have any.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
Benjileopold
Beginner
On dx 12 it's even laggier and much less fps (around 125) due to the fact that dx12 requires more cpu resources and my cpu throttles (at around 45 watts) and goes down to 15-20 watts which makes the game laggy, om dx 11 performance mode i get 160 fps but occasional stuttering is annoying, it happens when big builds in the game being destroyed or just sporadically, but it is much better than original oem intel drivers that were installed when laptop was new, on latest 5333 it's night and day, but nevertheless a hope intel team makes drivers more mature so apps can fully utilize this massive 21 billion transistor chip
0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Benjileopold,

Thank you so much for the response, and we truly appreciate the feedback that you have shared. I'll make sure to let the management know regarding this.

By the way, we have a new release driver, which is 31.0.101.5379. Please try it and check if the game or system performance will somehow improve.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Benjileopold,

We are checking to see if Fortnite's performance has been enhanced in any way by the new driver graphics; if not, kindly inform me so that we may further investigate our issue.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
Benjileopold
Beginner
Not really, it didn't improve, it seems it a little worse but it's prob due to texure caching first few games, i think these arc cards should be way better considering hardware they have
0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Benjileopold,

We appreciate your response, as well as the feedback and update.

Please generate an SSU report to help us further analyze important details on your system, such as the OS build number, graphics driver version, errors logged in the system, etc. To generate the SSU report, please refer to the article How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows*. Please send us the generated SSU.txt file.

After providing the SSU I will raise our issue with our engineers.

Have a fantastic day, and thank you very much for your patience and understanding! 

Best regards, 

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Benjileopold,

We are checking in with you to see if you already have the SSU so we can further investigate our issue.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Benjileopold, 

We are checking in with you, as we have not heard any response from you. 

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Benjileopold, 

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this enquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos