Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1782 Discussions

Do NOT install the new 4644 driver - Includes a FIRMWARE update

lorvar
New Contributor I

This is a total disaster of a release. Does anything really get QA'd before releasing it?

My Bifrost A770 continuously ramps up and down the fan, I have ZERO control of it other that the lights.

Davinci Resolve freezes on export at the 71% mark then continues to finish. A clip that rendered off in 18 sec, now takes 24 sec.

My third monitor has stopped working.

I am severely pissed about the fact that I couldn't opt out of the FIRMWARE update. I only wanted a driver update. Is anyone at Intel going to buy me a new functioning card since the firmware ruined it and I can't work anymore?

Irresponsible.

1 Solution
lorvar
New Contributor I

Just like everything else, it all fails. Generate Report says "Could not create bug report."

Want to use "Report a Bug or Issue"? Nope. Fill out the form and get an error.

I'll be moving back to my Nvidia cards. Good luck to you all.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
45 Replies
A770user
Novice

Why aren't drivers on the support page from before September?

A770user
Novice

Ok I fixed it.

Deleting EVERYTHING in C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\PredatorBifrost, not just the Settings.json file, did the trick.

Not happy I spent 2 hours finding the solution.

lorvar
New Contributor I

Well. 4 weeks after I reported this, I see a new update. I wasn't going to even try it after reading all the new issues, but changed my mind because misery loves company. 

I have the Acer Bifrost A770 16GB. I am happy to report that I have full control of my fans through the Predator Bifrost App again. Brought it back to 20% and runs at 1000 rpm again.

All monitors work

Davinci Resolve runs 100% again

Thank you for your efforts, team.

0 Kudos
Hrdina
Novice

My card partially died yesterday. The fans and LEDs malfunctioned and the GPU overheated. Task manager said it was at 95C when I manually shut the system down. It still output video after rebooting, but it cannot cool itself. Warranty support claim created. My backup EVGA GTX 970 has a purpose again. 🤦

0 Kudos