Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1783 Discussions

Driver install crash 31.0.101.5330 to 31.0.101.5333

Voork
New Contributor I

Good morning Intel,

This very morning, while installing through Intel Driver & Support Assistant the Intel® Graphics Driver 31.0.101.5333 (WHQL Certified) for Intel® Arc™ A-Series Graphics following the driver 31.0.101.5330, my computer froze. I had to power off the computer and start it again. 

I first installed the new driver with the clean install box checked then after a few usual screen flickers, my PC froze. I tried to replicate the issue to give you as much info as possible by reinstalling the driver again with no success, my computer didn't freeze and the driver installed itself perfectly.

Might be just a bug. My PC seems fine and I just wanted to let you know about the issue. I provided the System Support Utility file.

Good Day.
Eric

0 Kudos
1 Solution
NormanS_Intel

Hello Voork,

After examining your situation, we recommend initiating a clean installation of the graphics driver by using DDU in safe mode. Additionally, please remove the Intel Driver & Support Assistant (IDSA) before installing the new driver version 31.0.101.5379. We would appreciate it if you could inform us of the results following these steps.

@kcwilsonii, I acknowledge the difficulties you've encountered with the specified driver versions. I'd like to encourage you to try the most recent driver release available. For a more support experience, it would be beneficial to start a new discussion thread specifically for your issue.

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JayB_Intel
Employee

Hello Voork,

Thank you for your post in our Intel communities.

We sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your system status after updating the driver of your Intel® Arc™ A-Series Graphics from version 31.0.101.5330 to 31.0.101.5333 (WHQL Certified). 

We would like to collect logs from Intel Arc Control as additional information that can perhaps help us with diagnostics on what might have happened in that crash. Please follow our article below on how to generate this logs:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000095081/graphics.html

Best regards,

Jay B.

0 Kudos
Voork
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
JayB_Intel
Employee

Hello Voork,

Thank you for sharing your findings the logs with us. However, we will do further research and investigation on this matter and post the response on this thread once available. We appreciate your patience and understanding on this one.

Best regards,

Jay B.

0 Kudos
kcwilsonii
Beginner

I reported problems with this driver version as well. I was unable to install driver as it seemed to skip updating the driver and go immediately to installing "extras". Driver seemed to want to remove a file but could not. This happened repeatedly despite running the DDU uninstaller and then trying to update the driver again.

I reverted to the previous WHQL version of their driver which still works without any issues.

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello Voork,

After examining your situation, we recommend initiating a clean installation of the graphics driver by using DDU in safe mode. Additionally, please remove the Intel Driver & Support Assistant (IDSA) before installing the new driver version 31.0.101.5379. We would appreciate it if you could inform us of the results following these steps.

@kcwilsonii, I acknowledge the difficulties you've encountered with the specified driver versions. I'd like to encourage you to try the most recent driver release available. For a more support experience, it would be beneficial to start a new discussion thread specifically for your issue.

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos
Voork
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello Voork,

It's wonderful to know that everything is functioning smoothly for you now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you for your understanding.

0 Kudos