Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1654 Discussions

Elden Ring. Massive FPS drop.

he1ntz_ua
Beginner

Does your system meet the game’s minimum system requirements? Yes (I5-13600, Intel Arc A770 16GB OC ASRock, 32GB DDR4-3200, Win11 Home).

Did you already installed the Intel Graphics Driver latest release found at Intel® Graphics – Windows* DCH Drivers? Yes.

Please provide your system information by attaching the following file: see below.

Please describe your issue as accurately as possible. FPS significantly drops whenever any skeleton revives for a second time (particle issue probably) or when knights attack (air particles also) like here: https://youtu.be/fVbBVcQoVws?si=uKd4cxv3lI9MeZU_&t=640

What distribution service did you get the game from? Steam

Please provide the game's graphic/video settings when the issue occurs.

Graphic Quality: Mostly maximum

Resolution: 2560x1440.

Vsync (On/Off): The game is capped at 60 fps (engine).

Display: Any

Please let us know which game API was been used when the issue occurred: DX12

Please provide steps to replicate the issue. Go to whatever dungeon has skeletons in it like Black Knife Catacombs (it is not in early game, so you may to find someone who has progressed enough in the game). For a knight you may use a mimic or find any in Stormveil castle and give it a moment to do his attacks. A very unpleasant situation for a quite new game.

he1ntz_ua_0-1706394544352.png

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Catulpos_Intel

Hello he1ntz_ua,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities and for providing us with a detailed explanation to the issue you experience.

I understand that it is quite frustrating that the FPS dropped during specific scenarios while playing Elden Ring at maximum configuration and for us to assist you effectively, please provide the following information so we could peek at your system and conduct additional research to find the most suitable resolution to your situation.

• Was the game working normally before?
  • If it does, any recent hardware and software changes made on the system before the issue happened?
  • Aside from updating your graphics driver, what are the steps you’ve taken to troubleshoot the issue?
  • Does this issue happen when you use other third-party GPU (if applicable)?
  • You told me about the basic configuration of your system, but I would like to get one step further and confirm details such as OS build number and see if there are errors logged. The SSU can collect that info that can be helpful to me. With that, please follow the instructions indicated on this article, How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows* and attach the SSU report in txt file when you reply.

Looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

Catulpos_Intel

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Catulpos_Intel

Hello he1ntz_ua,

I just want to check if you have viewed the message we posted. Please let us know if you require additional time to provide the requested details. 

Thanks, and have a nice day!

Best regards,

JCatulpos

0 Kudos
he1ntz_ua
Beginner
  • Was the game working normally before? No, same as it was.
  • If it does, any recent hardware and software changes made on the system before the issue happened?
  • Aside from updating your graphics driver, what are the steps you’ve taken to troubleshoot the issue? I didnt troubleshoot the issue yet.
  • Does this issue happen when you use other third-party GPU (if applicable)? No, I dont have the other one.
  • You told me about the basic configuration of your system, but I would like to get one step further and confirm details such as OS build number and see if there are errors logged. The SSU can collect that info that can be helpful to me. With that, please follow the instructions indicated on this article, How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows* and attach the SSU report in txt file when you reply. See below
0 Kudos
佑綺_Mayu
Novice

Have you tried to update the BIOS? I was looking at the BIOS version. You're using the F8b which is the beta version and got removed by the Gigabyte already since the F8 BIOS got fully released 

0 Kudos
Catulpos_Intel

Hello he1ntz_ua,

Thank you for providing to us a detailed response.

Please be informed that we will check this internally with our team and will ensure to update you on the 9th of February.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

JCatulpos

0 Kudos
Catulpos_Intel

Hello he1ntz_ua,

I hope this finds you in the best of health. For us to conduct additional investigation on the issue you experienced and ensure that we have looked through every possible cause of the issue, please provide the following information.

• What if the brand, type and power of your power supply?
  • Is Re- BAR activated?
  • What are the graphics driver version that you installed previously on your system in an attempt to resolve the issue?

Anticipating your response and have a wonderful day!

Best regards,

JCatulpos

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, he1ntz_ua.

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Kindly let us know if you still need assistance.

Best Regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
he1ntz_ua
Beginner

Sorry for the late reply as I hardly notice new replies coming to my email.

• What if the brand, type and power of your power supply? CORSAIR 650W CV SERIESTM CV-650 POWER SUPPLY
  • Is Re- BAR activated? Yes
  • What are the graphics driver version that you installed previously on your system in an attempt to resolve the issue? .5186
0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, he1ntz_ua.

Thank you for sharing that. We will do further research on this matter and post the response on this thread once available.

Best Regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, he1ntz_ua.

Thank you for patiently waiting. We've tried to replicate and simulate the issue and based on our internal tests, we did not notice any FPS drops when using driver 101.5330. As such, we recommend updating the graphics driver to version, 31.0.101.5330 (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/785597/intel-arc-iris-xe-graphics-windows.html). 

If the performance issue remains, you may refer to this link: (https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-ARC-Graphics/Need-help-Reporting-a-bug-or-issue-with-Arc-GPU-PLEASE-READ-THIS/m-p/1494429#M5057) where you can find the instructions/installation of CapFrameX for further analysis.

Best Regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, he1ntz_ua.

I trust you're doing well.

I have not heard back from you we will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos