Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1664 Discussions

Firmware acer predator ou firmware arc Intel ?

VaudouGamee
Novice
J'ai une carte predator biofros a770, est-ce c'est plus performant aujourd'hui installer le firmware des cartes arc Intel ou celui-ci de acer pour ma carte predator ? C'est-à-dire acer développé des mises à jour plus souvent que le firmware de l'arc d'Intel ? Quel firmware est plus performant finalement arc ou celui-ci du predator ?
Ou on peut avoir les deux firmware installés ?
Merci et bravo Intel courage pour ces améliorations des pilotes !
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello VaudouGamee,

Thank you for posting in the Intel Communities. We understand that you have concerns about which firmware update you should install. We would be more than glad to assist you.

Avant de commencer avec les recommandations, il est important de mentionner que notre soutien n’est fourni qu’en anglais. Pour mieux vous aider, nous utilisons un outil de traduction, c’est pourquoi : La traduction peut ne pas être tout à fait exacte.

Based on your question, we would like to look into this matter internally to answer your questions. Allow us some time to look into this issue, and we will be posting back as soon as we have more details.

Best regards

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello VaudouGamee,

Thank you for your patience. We would like to let you know that the Firmware update released by Intel in the latest drivers will usually go far ahead than the one from the card vendor, for example, Acer; however, the vendor should soon catch up and offer the same firmware update. Nevertheless, to better answer your question, it would be important to ask what you mean when you refer to "more powerful."

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
VaudouGamee
Novice
When I talk about power, I mean performance in the graphics quality of games that need high levels of work of the graphics card.
Now, according to your answer, what I understood is that Intel updates faster the firmware of the arc 770 chipset, what you mean at the same time is that Acer does not have a research group and developers dedicated to work on improving the firmware of the predator biofros A770 ? So all Acer does is copy and paste, so they just update the data according to what Intel develops with their research and development team ? Acer does not work on its own to improve the drivers of its predator A770 card?
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello VaudouGamee,

Let us resume our research into this matter internally, so we can better answer your questions. We will be posting back as soon as we have more details.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello VaudouGamee.

After looking into this matter, we would like to inform you that the firmware for Arc GPUs is developed and maintained exclusively by Intel. While graphics card vendors may modify certain aspects of the GPU, such as frequencies or heat dissipation systems, the firmware will be coming from Intel exclusively.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello VaudouGamee

We are following-up in your thread to see if the inforamtion we have provided has been useful, or if you have any other question. Let us know if you require further assistance.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello VaudouGamee

Since we have not heard from you, we will proceed to close this thread now. We hope that the information we shared has been useful. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
VaudouGamee
Novice
Hello, I want to know if I can have installed at the same time on my pc the Arc control programs and the acer predator-biofrost program, to manage the updates of the pilots of my graphic chart predator biofros A770 ? Or there would be a conflict problem ?

Also I want to know why I can't open the Arc contro program?
When I double click to run it it doesn't open... my pc continues to run but the Arc control program will not open.... Thanks for your help
0 Kudos