Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1535 Discussions

Game bug: Assassin's Creed Origins

Suzie1818
New Contributor I

Assassin's Creed Origins is still unplayable with the latest 4032 driver. Seems like the intel dev team haven't taken any care of it ever since launch of the Arc GPU. Ironically, this is game is one of the few games properly listed with title picture in the ArcControl Game Library.

Labels (2)
37 Replies
ThorVexx
Beginner

I noticed in your checklist that you tried dxvk and this souldn't be the solution, but did you you try different versions of dxvk?

I had moderate success with Version 1.7.3. I didn't think really think it would be playable after the benchmark, because the Framerates were all over the place, but the first few minutes of gameplay I tested, I got relative steady 45 fps at FullHD, at that time I had already bought AC Valhalla though, and did not have time to play Origins.

But without dxvk, I can confirm that AC Origins is unplayable, and that is at all resolutions and quality settings.

0 Kudos
Suzie1818
New Contributor I

Thank you for the information. I've only tried the latest DXVK 2.0, though.

I think another problem is that AC Origins with DXVK gets the whole screen color gamut way off how it should look like. I am not sure if DXVK itself has something wrong with screen color or it's just AC Origins' case.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello Suzie1818,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues playing Assassin's Creed Origins. We appreciate your patience.

In order to have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• Did you try using older drivers?
  •  Is this issue related to a game stage?
  • Does the issue persist if you lower the game's video settings?
  • Share with us a screenshot of the game's video settings.
  • If possible, provide us with a video showing the issue.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Suzie1818
New Contributor I

1. When I got my A770, it was the time of the driver version 3959, so I have tried version 3959 before. The problem was the same. I only wanted to say that version 4032 did not solve the problem.

2. No. It's there as soon as you start a new game or load a saved game.

3. Yes, no matter what settings, it just act abnormally, which you can easily tell as soon as you see it with your own eyes.

4. As mentioned above, graphic settings are irrelevant in this case.

5. This issue has already been confirmed by online communities. I am not obliged to provide you with an evidence or a proof of it.

0 Kudos
ThorVexx
Beginner

As I have the same issues, I'd like to answer as well.

1. Yes, all drivers in December 2022 had these issues.

2. No, though it seems to be worse in towns.

3. Lowering the resolution didn't even get me 1 FPS more, with 20 fps average in the Benchmark on the lowest settings at 1280x720 and 3440x1440, and 27 fps  average on highest settings at 3440x1440.

4. and 5. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6cI-u65dS4

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello Suzie1818,

Thanks for the information provided in your response.

The video and the graphics settings requested before were for issue replication purposes. It would help us have the most accurate information to reproduce the issue. However, I would like to confirm if the video shared by @ThorVexx is relevant to your problem.

Also, you should confirm whether or not Resizable BAR is enabled.

Perform a clean installation of the Intel® Graphics Drivers, installing the latest driver, 31.0.101.4032. Since sometimes additional software might be causing malfunction.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Suzie1818
New Contributor I

The video shared by @ThorVexx has demonstrated the exact problem.

Resizable BAR is definitely enabled.

This issue has been existing for quite a long time, and your suggestion of performing a clean installation of drivers is irrelevant. Please don't make statements before you have a clear understanding of the situation. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello @ThorVexx.

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. 

Please submit a new question on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics community forums, and provide a detailed explanation of the situation to have a more personalized troubleshooting step for your issue. If you'd like, you can try my suggestions from this thread.

Best Regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello Suzie1818,

Thank you for the information you shared.

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello Suzie1818,

Thank you very much for your waiting for a reply.

We appreciate your reports, we were able to reproduce the issue, and a bug report has been filed. We are currently working on this issue internally under bug ID 16017985596.

Unfortunately, we are unable to commit to a deadline or update for a fix to be implemented in a new driver since this process requires further effort on our part.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello Suzie1818,

I hope you are doing fine.

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Suzie1818
New Contributor I

What the $&#*......

Shouldn't you keep updating this thread with the progress of you guys fixing the bug since you've already recognized it?

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

@Suzie1818 

I see your point, and will ask our support team to keep this thread open. Keep in mind that the updates we can provide are within the limits of 'still working on it' or 'fixed already'... and usually if a fix is ready it will be highlighted on a driver's Release notes.

I also acknowledge that not all fixes are called out in the Release notes - primarily because often times the improvements we introduce impact a wide range of titles all at once, hence why we can't list them all individually.

Case in point, can you please retest this issue with our latest BETA driver 31.0.101.4090? There should be improvements on D3D11 titles and your feedback is very useful to us.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello Suzie1818,

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post from RonaldM_Intel?

Let us know if you tried the recommendation of trying our latest BETA driver, 31.0.101.4090.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Suzie1818
New Contributor I

Sorry, I skipped the 4090 driver, but now I have installed the latest WHQL driver 4091.

I have just retested it. There is indeed some improvement, but still quite far from being acceptable.

With the highest "Ultra High" setting, the in-game benchmark scored 50 average fps.

With the lowest "Very Low" setting, the in-game benchmark scored 62 average fps.

Just keep in mind that in my test this time the rendering process still stuttered a lot, and for a lot of time the lowest framerate still went to 20-30 fps.

I think the driver dev team deserve some applause for their efforts so far since those scores obviously have improved compared with previous drivers.

However, for your reference, I had used an RTX3060 and it scored 83 average fps with "Very High" setting in this game, and also I had used an RTX3070 and it scored 98 average fps with "Ultra High" setting in this game.

Although intel marketed Arc A770 as a competitor against RTX3060, the hardware is actually designed to be as capable as RTX3070, which has been suggested by intel engineers and proven by many benchmark scores found online.

It has been rumored online that the next update will be big, especially on DX11 performance. I do hope that is true.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hi @Suzie1818 

It is not rumored but rather confirmed, check this one out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecfV17wrjfs

Thanks for your active feedback and participation in our Graphics community! 

Regards,

0 Kudos
Suzie1818
New Contributor I

Hi @RonaldM_Intel 

The issue with this particular game is still far from being solved by the latest driver (either 4090 or 4091).

You guys can try experiments with running this game using DXVK and then you'll see the Arc's potential is really there, being intermittently on par with the performance from an RTX3070. However, the game is still not playable with DXVK because of severe and weird overheads stuttering the rendering process terribly (sometimes halted at zero fps for almost one second long). 

0 Kudos
Suzie1818
New Contributor I

@RonaldM_Intel  wrote:

It is not rumored but rather confirmed,

Come on, there have been several driver updates since the announcement. The latest version number has come to 4123 already. Yet there's still not any sign of big imporvement or big bottleneck being eliminated.

0 Kudos
Suzie1818
New Contributor I

@Jean_Intel 

@RonaldM_Intel 

... for your reference, I had used an RTX3060 and it scored 83 average fps with "Very High" setting in this game, and also I had used an RTX3070 and it scored 98 average fps with "Ultra High" setting in this game.

Although intel marketed Arc A770 as a competitor against RTX3060, the hardware is actually designed to be as capable as RTX3070, which has been suggested by intel engineers and proven by many benchmark scores found online.

In my opinion, if intel claims the Arc A750/770 can compete with the RTX3060, then you should manage to make it score at least 85 average fps with the "Very High" setting in this game. However, my expectation on Arc A750/770 is that it should perform on par with the RTX3070, so you should manage to make it score at least 95~100 average fps with the "Ultra High" setting in this game.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello Suzie1818

Let us look into this and we will get back to you at our earliest convenience.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos