Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1906 Discussions

Ghosts n' Goblins Resurrection. Abysmal (2,3fps) performance in DirectX 12 mode. A770 16GB.

laxesta
New Contributor II

Platform: Steam

The game is literally impossible to play, from the menus, you don't need to be in game to experience the framerate issues.

I had to change the config.ini changing the line TargetPlatorm to DirectX11 instead of 12.

Latest drivers. SSU included.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Laxesta,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

I will raise the case with our engineers for further investigation, and I'll get back to you as soon as I have their response.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Laxesta,

Thank you so much for patiently waiting on our response.

In order to deepen our understanding of the situation and assist you more effectively, we would be grateful if you could provide some additional information:

1. Could you please describe the method you used to modify the config.ini file?

2. We would like to verify if the problem occurs exclusively in DirectX 12 mode. Could you confirm this?

3. Additionally, has there been any stuttering during gameplay that you've noticed?

4. Does this issue persist even when the game is set to its default settings?

5. Lastly, would it be possible for you to share screenshots of your game settings? This would greatly aid us in attempting to replicate and diagnose the issue.

We look forward to your response!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
laxesta
New Contributor II

hello @ACarmona_Intel 

1. Could you please describe the method you used to modify the config.ini file?

I opened the config.ini file with Notepad and changed the setting TargetPlatform from Directx12 to Directx11.

2. We would like to verify if the problem occurs exclusively in DirectX 12 mode. Could you confirm this?

Yes, the game works like a charm in DirectX 11 mode.

3. Additionally, has there been any stuttering during gameplay that you've noticed?

On DX11 mode the framerate was very stable.

4. Does this issue persist even when the game is set to its default settings?

Yes, as long as you run the game in DX12 mode the game runs very slow.

5. Lastly, would it be possible for you to share screenshots of your game settings? This would greatly aid us in attempting to replicate and diagnose the issue.

I asked for a refund and returned the game given the bad performance it had, but I just used the default settings. Maybe I switched to Borderless window, I can't recall, to use the game with Lossless Scaling -lock the game at 55fps with Rivatuner and then use 3X Frame Generation mode with Lossless Scaling to match the 165Hz of my monitor- .

Cheers

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Laxesta,

Thank you so much for your effort in answering the queries that we have provided you.

I will now raise the case with our engineers again, so we may be able to further investigate the issue and quickly provide you with a recommendation.

Again, thank you so much for your patience.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Laxesta,

Thank you so much for patiently waiting on our response and for reporting this issue.

We wanted to inform you that our priority is to target the most popular games and apps to focus our efforts on providing a high-quality, stable experience for the broadest set of users.

We will continue to improve our software performance and compatibility throughout 2024 and beyond. While we can’t accommodate your request at this time, please watch this article at https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000099360.html on our website for any possible changes to this situation.

By the way, as we will no longer be of assistance to you, we will now close our case. For additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos