Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1773 Discussions

Halo Infinite Graphics Rendering Glitch Issue Found!

L0G1C-B0M8
New Contributor II

Hey Intel and everyone else,

For those who play Halo Infinite on any Intel Arc GPU (I play on the A750) and have been experiencing rendering issues within the game, the problem has been found. And it has to do with a graphics feature called "Raytraced Sun Shadows" under the Ray Tracing in the video settings. If the feature is turned off, the graphics are fine. If it's turned on, regardless of Low to High quality, the rendering issues pop up.

Here are the steps I'm taking to help Intel resolve the issue.

• Halo Infinite was obtained via Xbox Game Pass app on PC (unknown whether Steam release of Halo Infinite is affected. Going to assume so).
  • The game is being played on maximum settings.
  • I have attached a thirty second video showing the "before and after" of Raytraced Sun Shadows.
  • I have attached an SSU of my PC hardware.
  • I'm using the official 4575 drivers. The 4575 beta drivers also had the same issue.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello L0G1C-B0M8

We want to let you know that we tested and were able to reproduce this issue and when using Raytraced Sun Shadows in the different Academy modes the game textures will start to glitch. We have passed the information to our driver debug team and currently, this is being investigated, at the moment we cannot promise and outcome to estimated time for the issue to be resolved, but rest assured we are working on it. We appreciate that you took the time to report the issue and provided al the necessary information to replicate it.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

View solution in original post

21 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello L0G1C-B0M8

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communities. I am sorry you are experiencing graphics corruption when playing Halo Infinite on your system.

We appreciate your taking the time to share your findings and report this issue to us. allow me to review this with our team and I will get back to you once I have an update.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

L0G1C-B0M8
New Contributor II
Thank you Hugo. Hope to hear something whenever possible.
0 Kudos
RaffiePaws
Beginner

I also have noticed this issue, I have an Arc A770 16GB LE.

Ultra settings, everything fine, however turning on RayTracing in the game essentially disables all active lighting.  So Ray Tracing essentially doesn't initialise.

Recent 4575 drivers have fixed the menu crashing, so the game will play.

However Ray Tracing is still broken and the game would definitely run this graphics mode on these GPUs, as i'm getting in excess of 100fps most of the time.

0 Kudos
L0G1C-B0M8
New Contributor II

The more people discuss this, the better.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello L0G1C-B0M8

We played some multiplayer matches but did not notice this issue using "Raytraced Sun Shadows" in High mode. Do you also experience this issue in multiplayer or is it exclusive to the campaign mode? If the issue is only happening in campaign mode, Can it be reproduced from the very beginning of the game or does it happen only in specific areas?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
L0G1C-B0M8
New Contributor II

Hugo,

My apologies. Further on in this reply, I will refer Raytraced Sun Shadows to RSS. After reading your response and what you found, here are my findings as they stand now:

• I moved to Campaign mode and found the RSS option was NOT available. I did notice at the top right of the Campaign main menu the game was saying "Compiling shaders...10%" and kept repeating. Maybe the shaders need to fully load for RSS? I'm letting them load as I type this response. Campaign Result: Unknown.
  • I finally played some multiplayer matches with RSS active on MAX settings. The rendering glitches were not present in the few matches of Team Slayer when I played. PvP has been ruled out. PvP Result: False.
  • I can CONFIRM the glitches are found in the "Academy" section of multiplayer. They are found in the "Tutorial" and "Training" modes. The glitches begin from the get go WHEN you are in game and not in cutscenes. Academy Result: Confirmed.

So the rendering glitches happen ONLY in the Academy sub modes. Once again, I apologize. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello L0G1C-B0M8

Thank you for sharing your findings as well. Were you able to confirm whether RSS becomes available after shaders are compiled? If so, did the issue happen in campaign mode?

We will be testing the Academy mode of the game and check if we can replicate the issue, we will let you know as soon as we have the results.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
L0G1C-B0M8
New Contributor II

Hugo,

After waiting two hours for the shaders to supposedly compile, I decided to simply play the campaign for nearly a half hour. Then I decided to quit the game by returning to the main menu. When I returned to the main menu, the "Compiling shaders" notification never reappeared. I went into my video settings to see "Raytraced Sun Shadows" was not even available in the video settings; this was before I played the campaign and it was after I played. I'm thinking 343i did not add this setting for the campaign. I also exited the game, waited for two minutes, then rebooted the game and returned to the campaign main menu. The "compiling shaders...10%" notification returned. I want to guess this is a bug on 343i's end.

Unfortunately, I have no way to confirm or bust this theory as I recently gave away my backup GeForce RTX 3060 12GB graphics card so a friend could build her gaming PC. I'll get another GPU down the road but for now, I'm at a dead end.

Campaign Result: Inconclusive.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello L0G1C-B0M8

I appreciate that you let us know that information. As you mentioned and after taking a look at the Halo support site it seems the developer did not add RSS to the campaign mode so it will only show up in Academy and Multiplayer modes. We will continue to test the game so we can trigger this issue and keep researching it. I will let you know once I have more information for you.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
L0G1C-B0M8
New Contributor II

Thank you Hugo,

Please keep me informed.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello L0G1C-B0M8

We want to let you know that we tested and were able to reproduce this issue and when using Raytraced Sun Shadows in the different Academy modes the game textures will start to glitch. We have passed the information to our driver debug team and currently, this is being investigated, at the moment we cannot promise and outcome to estimated time for the issue to be resolved, but rest assured we are working on it. We appreciate that you took the time to report the issue and provided al the necessary information to replicate it.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

L0G1C-B0M8
New Contributor II
Hugo,

I really appreciate you taking the time to tackle this issue. Now that it’s been confirmed with a fix happening down the road, there’s nothing left to do except to mark your latest reply as an “acceptable solution”.

Please feel free to close this ticket.
0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello L0G1C-B0M8

We wanted to give an update on this issue and inform you that we have released a new driver version 31.0.101.4644 in which the texture glitches when using Raytraced Sun Shadows should no longer occur. Please update to the latest driver version and check if the issue gets resolved for you. We recommend you use Display Driver Uninstaller to uninstall the previous driver leftovers before updating to the latest version.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
L0G1C-B0M8
New Contributor II

Hugo,

I updated my to the 4644 WHQL drivers recently released. Unfortunately, the rendering issues remain. You will find my updated SSU and a clip attached showing the raytracing on, with the issues persisting. In the reply to this, I'll attach a second video showing the issues ceasing when I turn off raytracing.

0 Kudos
L0G1C-B0M8
New Contributor II

Here is the second video with the raytracing turned off.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello L0G1C-B0M8

We appreciate your feedback. It was reported by our team the issue should o longer occur in this new driver release, however, based on your videos I do see the issue remains the same. Allow me to check back on this and I will get back once I have an update.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

RaffiePaws
Beginner

I can confirm, after my own testing with an A770, that unfortunately Ray Tracing in Halo Infinite still removes all lightning instead.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello L0G1C-B0M8

We want to let you know that we are still looking into this issue and we continue our investigation to help you with a resolution, we apologize this has taken so long since we know it is important to be able to use all the graphics features the game offers. Once we have more information related to this texture bug when using Raytraced Sun Shadows we will post back to let you know.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello L0G1C-B0M8

We continue to improve the experience in Halo Infinite and after re-testing our fix in driver 4826, we could no longer see the issue. Please retest the game after updating to driver 31.0.101.4826, and check if the issue happens if the problem persists try an installation using DDU.

Check our test with the latest driver in the following links:

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

L0G1C-B0M8
New Contributor II

Hey Hugo,

After playing Halo Infinite with RSS active, I can officially confirm that the rendering issue is gone. I want to say "thank you" to you and your team for resolving this issue.

Please feel free to lock this thread down.

0 Kudos