Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1794 Discussions

Intel ARC A750 issue with Valorant, AGAIN!

wiktus
Novice

Hello,

I already wrote a post about this, you replied to me Intel and nothing changed. I wrote a post about this problem in March, and here we are in June and still the same thing. Every time I update the drivers, the game lags when using a new character, weapon or skin that has not been used yet on the new drivers. I am attaching a video and logs as you always require. Resizable bar enabled, your advice to enable the vignette does not help, just fix this problem in the next update.

My spec :

CPU : Ryzen 5 5600

GPU : ARC A750 Limited Edition

MOBO : Gigabyte B550 Gaming X V2

RAM : 32GB

11 Replies
AllStars
Novice

Hi wiktus While we can’t directly fix the game, let me offer some suggestions to improve your frame rate and overall gameplay experience. Enable Game Mode in Windows 10 or Windows 11. This feature prioritizes gaming performance by minimizing background tasks.

• Set a GPU priority for Borderlands 2:
  • Go to Settings (Windows + I).
  • Choose System > Display > Graphics.
  • Select the game (Borderlands 2) and set it to High Performance.
  • Click Save.

Try to disable Restartable Apps:

• Open Settings (Windows + I).
  • Click on Accounts, then select Sign-in options.
  • Disable “Automatically save my restartable apps and restart them when I sign back in.”

Graphics Settings

• In the game settings, lower the resolution if needed.
  • Adjust video settings within Borderlands 2. Experiment with different settings to find the right balance between visuals and performance

Hard Drive Optimization:

Ensure your hard drive is healthy and defragmented. Fragmented files can impact load times and overall performance.

WillowEngine.ini Tweaks:
-Open the WillowEngine.ini file (usually located in Documents/My Games/Borderlands2/WillowGame/Config).
-Search for DynamicShadows under [SystemSettings].
-Change it to false to potentially improve performance.

Make sure your monitor’s refresh rate is set correctly in Windows display settings.

hope it helps...

williams,

wiktus
Novice
I don't know what Borderlands 2 has to do with Valorant, but okay. Nothing will help because the problem has been occurring for several months in Valorant, it is always the same after updating the drivers, until you fix it, nothing will change. On RX6600, GTX 1660 Super and RTX 3050 there were no such problems, so the fault lies in the drivers because the game performance, once the lags subside, is very good. Write down somewhere on the side that there is a problem in Valorant after updating the drivers and just fix it.
VonM_Intel

Hi, wiktus.

Thank you for posting in our Community.

I apologize for any inconvenience this ongoing issue has caused. I will thoroughly review the video and logs you've provided to gain a better understanding of the problem. It appears there are frequent hangs in the game, particularly when changing weapons, shooting, or using new characters, which can understandably be frustrating. You mentioned that you previously posted about this issue in March. Could you please provide the exact link to your previous post? I'm keen to review your earlier communication for a comprehensive understanding of the history and details of the problem. Have you attempted to roll back to a previous driver version to determine if the issue persists with older drivers? This step will help us further isolate the issue and understand its behavior across different driver versions. Could you also confirm if the issue occurs consistently with specific games or across multiple games? This information will assist us in determining if there are any game-specific compatibility issues with the ARC graphics card.

Furthermore, based on the SSU logs you provided, I noticed that the version of your ARC graphics card is 31.0.101.5534, which seems to be an older version. Have you already tried updating to the latest version, 31.0.101.5592? This will help us determine if the issue continues to affect this game.

Looking forward to your response. Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, wiktus.

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Kindly let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
wiktus
Novice

Hi,

Here is a link to my earlier post : https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-ARC-Graphics/INTEL-ARC-A750-issue-with-VALORANT-INTEL-HELP-ME/m-p/1576400/emcs_t/S2h8ZW1haWx8dG9waWNfc3Vic2NyaXB0aW9ufExUNkM0TjBHUUJWVUdUfDE1NzY0MDB8U1VCU0NSSVBUSU9OU3xoSw#M12697

The problem only occurs in Valorant after each driver update and I have to spend these 15 minutes to "load" the animations, i.e. shoot at the shooting range, so that there is no problem in the game. There are no such problems in the similar game CS2.

After updating to the latest drivers, the problem still persists, restoring the old driver version does not help. It's just that if there is a different version of the driver, the game seems to need to process each animation anew and then when it happens once, there is no such problem.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, wiktus.

Thank you for the update.

Since we have all the necessary information that we need, please be guided that we will do further research on this matter and post the response on this thread once available. 

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, wiktus.

We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this issue. Our technical team has conducted testing with Arc A750 and i5-13600K setup using driver version 5593, and we did not encounter significant stutters in the game. The CapFrameX capture showed smooth performance with no major issues observed, aside from initial stutters related to external factors like Valorant's window mode change.

To assist further:

1. Could you please confirm whether you used DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to perform a clean uninstall of the previous driver before installing the new one? If not, I recommend doing so to see if it resolves the issue.
  2. Have you already tried to update your motherboard to the latest BIOS version? BIOS updates often include improvements that can enhance system stability and compatibility with new hardware components like the Intel Arc A770.

If you haven't already done so, these steps may help in addressing the performance issues you've encountered in Valorant. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. We're here to help you get the best experience from your gaming setup.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
wiktus
Novice
Hi,
I have used DDU but i will check BIOS and try update it.
0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, wiktus.

That's a positive step forward. Updating your BIOS can often resolve compatibility issues and enhance system stability. If you require any assistance with the BIOS update, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Have a nice day ahead!

Von M.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, wiktus.

Have you had a chance to review our previous response about the BIOS? Please inform us if you require any further assistance. We're here to help.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
wiktus
Novice
Hi,
I can't check it yet because I'm abroad and I'll be back in a month. Only then I will let you know.
0 Kudos