Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1947 Discussions

Intel Arc A310 ECO's fan is still very noisy

yosiox
Beginner

There's nothing to talk about.
All reports have been done and there is nothing to do other than report that there is no improvement.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Yosiox,

Thank you for continuing the thread that you posted before in Intel Communities.

First and foremost, I am humbly sorry that you still have not experienced an improvement for the behavior that you reported months ago. Please allow me to continue assisting you.

I know that you may have submitted this already in the previous thread; however, we need your cooperation to provide a fresh set of information:

1. It would really help us if we can get more information about your system. Please download and run our Intel® System Support Utility from this page. To run it, please press "Scan". After the scan is finished, click next and there will be a save button, giving you an option to save the logs to a text file, please do so and attach the file on your reply. You can refer to How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows* for instructions.

2. Kindly provide your current fan settings in Arc Control

3. Please provide a recent video of the readings that you are getting with the fan when the system is under load and idle.

We will be looking forward to your response.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Yosiox,

I wanted to check if you had the chance to read the questions that we posted. Please let me know at your earliest convenience so that we can determine the best course of action to resolve this matter.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
yosiox
Beginner

there is no new information.
this issue is caused by a defect in the video card's VBIOS and leaves no trace on the system.
If you want to know what's going on, the previous thread has all the information.

the only thing that is different from back then is that current driver version is 32.0.101.5972.
there have been several driver updates to date but are all the same.

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Yosiox,

Thank you for your patience in waiting for an update.

Due to the complexity of the issue, please allow us more time to check on your concern.

We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Yosiox,

Thank you for waiting for our update.

As confirmed with our engineers, the latest driver 101.5989 (and even 101.5972 which you have already installed) already contained the firmware update for Sparkle Eco A310 (FW version 20.0.1068).

This said, please check if your Sparkle Eco A310's FW got updated, best to install 101.5989 (using DDU). In Arc Control, go to Settings -> System Info -> Hardware -> IFWI (V-BIOS) and get a screenshot of that. It should show 20.0.1068 which is the latest FW.

We look forward to your feedback regarding our post.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

0 Kudos
yosiox
Beginner

Hi Alfred.

I've uploaded some screenshots, a recording of the fan noise, and the SSU log.

noise when the fan speed fixed seems to be "slightly better" than before.
In the case of fan speed auto, it still makes noise (like waves).
A310 is running AV1 hardware encoding with OBS.

system info, IFWIsystem info, IFWIGPU clock, temp, ActivityGPU clock, temp, Activityfan speed, etc (fan auto)fan speed, etc (fan auto)fan speed, etc (fan fixed 30%)fan speed, etc (fan fixed 30%)

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Yosiox,

Thank you for your quickly carrying out our engineer’s recommendations and providing more details regarding the issue,

We will continue checking this and the information that provided is invaluable to us.

Please allow us some time to check on your concern. We hope for your understanding regarding this

We will get back to you as soon as we have developments.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

0 Kudos