Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1669 Discussions

Intel Arc A770 crases while stresstest

Zimmy1
Novice

My Intel Arc A770 crashes the Windows and restartes. This happens either with Sons of the Forest, BattleFront 2 or Cyberpunk. Could this be with the current driver version or could this be a hardware issue? 

We cross-swapped the Intel Arc A770 and had on the other system the same issue. 

Please let us know what could be do so solve the problem. 

Hardware Setup:

MSI B550 Tomahawk Mainboard

32GB Corsair DDR4

AMD Ryzen 7 58003XD

0 Kudos
24 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Zimmy1

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing system crashes when using your Intel® Arc™ A770 Graphics. Please let us know the following information:

• Are these crashes Blue Screens of Death or does the system just suddenly restart? If possible, please share a shot video of the issue.
  • Is Resizable BAR enabled on your system?
  • Create a log file with the Intel® System Support Utility and attach it. 

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Zimmy1
Novice

Hi Hugo_Intel, 

the system suddenly restart (black screen). We tested the system with Resizable BAR enabled as well as disabled. Both results in crashes. 

Attached is the report you requested. We tested the Intel Arc A770 as well in a complete other system. (different CPU, RAM,PSU, mainboard and cables).  Same result. 

Can it be that the hardware is defect? Or is it more software related. 

Let me know your thoughts. 

Thanks

Z1mmy

0 Kudos
Jeremie
New Contributor I

Try downloading new updates 

Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Zimmy1

There is a possibility that the hardware might be defective since you tested it on a different system. We would like to do a couple more troubleshooting steps before we further look into this issue:

1.-Reset your Bios to default settings.

2.-Uninstall previous drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller. Once uninstalled, reinstall the latest version 30.0.101.4146

If the issue continues, Could you please also let us know your Power Supply make and model?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Zimmy1

I hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Best regards,  

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
Zimmy1
Novice

Hi Hugo, 

I followed the Guideline you have provided. Unfortunately it is still crashing during the 3D Bench Stresstest. 

I tried it with Resize-Bar and without. 

The PSU is a be quiet! 750W straight power 11. 

Let me know what you think. As I read in the further community posts, it is a common issue, right? 

Is this software or really a hardware issue?

Thanks

Z1mmy

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Zimmy1

Thank you for providing the information. We will need to further look into this before giving a definitive answer about whether this is a hardware or software issue.

There has been a newer driver update version 30.0.101.4148, please install the driver and check if the same issue happens.

If the issue persists, please share with us the following:

• Share a short video showing this issue.
  • I see that you mentioned the GPU still crashes while doing the 3D Bench Stress test, Does it still crash with the games you mentioned in your original post as well?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Zimmy1
Novice

Hey Hugo, 

so it still crashed, either if I run 3D Mark or play a game.  I installed the newest driver. No Change....

I am recording a video and try to compress it. I will hand it over as soon as I can. 

Actually what happens is that the screen gets black. The PC is still running for a couple of seconds. (According to the LEDs everything seems normal) 

Then the mainboard reboots and the loading screen of the mainboard and then windows comes up. 

Thanks

Tobias

Zimmy1
Novice

One thing to add. The PC is not restarting when being idle. So it is only when performance is needed. 

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Zimmy1

Once you are able to, please share the video with us so we can have a better understanding of the issue, also, please create a System report following these instructions. Only use the instruction under Intel Graphics Command Center (Intel GCC):

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Zimmy1
Novice

Running 3D Mark the Stresstest. 

Voork
New Contributor I

Hey Zimmy1, I performed the same stress test without issues. 20loops stress test.

I have:

Intel ARC770LE/16g
driver version: 31.0.101.4257
RYZEN 5700X
Gigabyte B450M DS3H (v1.0) bios F64a
16g ram 3200mhz
EVGA PSU 650BQ
Windows 11 pro 22H2 22621.1485

Bios settings
XMP profile enabled

Video encoding 4G enabled

REBAR  enabled

secure boot enabled

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Zimmy1

Thank you for sharing this video with us, it really helps us to get a better understanding of the problem. We are just missing the report from Intel® Graphics Command Center requested in my previous post, please attach it to your reply.

In addition, please test the new driver that recently came out version 31.0.101.4255.

Best regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Zimmy1
Novice

Sure thing. Here you go. 

I download the new driver. Takes me a moment if this works. But its pretty unlikely.....

Its getting frustrating with the graphic card tbh. 

Anyway. If you need further information, please let me know. 

Tobias

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Zimmy1

I will be passing this information to our team to review it internally. Once you are able to test the driver, please let us know if it makes any difference for this issue.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Zimmy1

We want to let you know that we continue to research this issue, and also wanted to confirm if you were able to test the driver version 31.0.101.4255 and if it made any difference in the system's behavior. Please let us know.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
oguzkaan
Beginner

Hi Hugo,

i have same problem as Zimmy1.

i can not open any games at computer. (i have city sklines and Anno 1800) its direclty crases. Or i can not make stress test also. 

MSI MAG B760M wifi

İNTEL i3 12100F prosessor

arc a 770 LE

A-DATA XPG DDR5 6000 MHZ 16X2 RAM

İ try my intel grafic card to my frinend computer, it works on fumark stess test. only there was some problems while playing some of games. but at least stress test worked.

also i try my friend Nvidia card on the my system. İts worked again. there was any problem on fumark test and games. 

i noticed Zimmy and i have MSI mainbords. 

Please let us any update for fix the problems

Best regards

ozz

0 Kudos
Zimmy1
Novice

Hi Hugo, 

I updated the latest driver. Unfortunately there is no change in the behavior. 

I cant imagine that a drivers update will fix the issue. 

Please let me know If i should contact the dealer to swap out the card. 

Right now I cant game on my pc which is pretty annoying... 

However thank you very much for your support so far. 

Just let me know how we should proceed. 

Z1mmy

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Zimmy1

Allow me to pass and check this information with our team before sharing with you the next steps. Once I have an update I will post back.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Zimmy1
Novice
Hey Hugo,

sure thing! Just let me know the next steps.

Z1mmy
0 Kudos