Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1752 Discussions

Intel Arc A770 fails miserably against RX 6600 / RTX 3060 in Remnant 2 new Benchmarks show

Samuel00000
Beginner

Me and my friends play Remnant 2 it is one of the most popular games released recently and has scored some of the best reviews

The online mode is incredibly popular and is praised far and wide by every review site. 
It is with a heavy heart I must report that Intel ARC has been an absolute failure in this game the most powerful arc fails to match a RX 6600 by a huge margin it's more around a RX 6500 performance and a little better than a RTX 3050 these are cards that are significantly cheaper than the A770 or A750 both of which fails hard in this game

There doesn't seem to be any sort of value for the dollar when it comes to these Unreal Engine 5 games, I don't even know what to say I thought recent drivers would improve things not it has not improved anything

On every review site for newer cards we get the opportunity to retest Intel ARC cards with newer drivers but it's unable to compete with AMD or Nvidia in this game. 

Not sure if it's an architecture issue with Intel but their cards really struggle with UE5 to the point where it fails to deliver what intel promises it fails to come even close to delivering.

And it's not just review sites I too can confirm this

My specs are Ryzen 3600X, 16GB DDR 4 gaming Ram and Arc A750 all divers up to date but the arc performs badly in this game I use 1440p and in Ward 13 map or certain maps with effects and team fights the performance is 20 FPS on medium and with XESS Performance mode you get 39 FPS 

Intel needs to get into contact with Gunfire Studios and develop some sort of patch to address this issue

remnant-2-1920-1080.png

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Samuel00000
Beginner

1% Low Min FPS with upscaling turned off in busy fight scenes at 1440P is unplayable as can be seen by the graph

min-fps-2560-1440.png

0 Kudos
JayB_Intel
Employee

Hello Samuel00000,

Thank you for reaching out to us for this concern. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we apologize for any inconvenience that this might have caused you. At this rate, let me coordinate with our team and conduct further investigation on how we can address your concern in terms of the performance of the Intel® Arc™ Graphics with Unreal Engine 5 games despite having the latest driver installed. Please allow me revert to you until end of this week Friday, February 2 2024 for an update. Kindly bear with us while we work on this for you. We appreciate your patience and understanding on this one.

Best regards,

Jay B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JayB_Intel
Employee

Hi Samuel00000,

We appreciate your patience and understanding on this one. In order for us to better understand the situation you are having with the performance of the reported Intel® Arc™ A770 Graphics, we would like to gather the following details to help with analysis and diagnosis. Please see below for your reference:

1. When did the issue first occur?

2. Were there any changes before this issue?

3. Is Resizable BAR (Re-Size) BAR enabled inside BIOS?

4. What steps were taken to troubleshoot this issue?

5. Kindly provide the make, model, and wattage of the power supply.

6. Please download and run this tool, Intel® System Support Utility(link below) so I can help check your system info and assist us with troubleshooting. Once finished downloading, open the tool, click on scan (leave the default items checked), click next, then save the system information to a .txt file. Please provide us the .txt file.

7. Is this issue specific to a certain game mode or location? Or does it happen in any part of the game?

8. Kindly provide us with screenshots of the game's graphic settings.

Best regards,

Jay B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Samuel00000
Beginner

lol I use a Seasonic GX Core 550W 80 PLUS GOLD PSU 100% Japanese components

Ryzen 3600X CPU and Intel ARC A750

But you didn't read the post, or the pics I put

This isn't an issue with my PC it's an issue with Intel ARC GPU the performance is horrible in any benchmark in remnant 2.

I don't see why you need any details about my PC when every website that does benchmarks all report horrible performance on remnant 2 when using Intel GPU

Surely this game deserves one of those 30% improvement in Remnant 2 patches that you offered to a bunch of games in the last patch yes?

You guys have provided performance improvements to Hunt Showdown, Back 4 Blood etc and many other games via driver updates but you all never provided any improvements for Remnant 2.

Please read the original post again

I am attaching the benchmark again from Tech powerup this is a recent review of the RX 7600 XT that AMD released, so they retested all GPUs on the list and they retested the Intel ARC with newest drivers and you can clearly see how poorly Arc performs in remnant 2.
Arc performs good in other games but its straight up bad in Remnant 2 because you guys never released any driver that directly targeted optimizing remnant 2.

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello Samuel00000,

Please bear with us as we need more time to investigate your case. We will inform you as soon as we have any updates and we guarantee you that we are doing our best to assist you.

Best regards,

Norman S.
Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello @Samuel00000 

I would like to inform you that we are still investigating this case. We will update you as soon as we have any new information on this case and we will share it on this thread.

Best regards,

Norman S.
Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos
佑綺_Mayu
Novice

I'm curious about this tbh, what is the motherboard you are using because I tested this on my A770 LE and I'm 70-90 FPS while XeSS is active and around 55-60 FPS while on XeSS Ultra quality with both on 1440p quality. 

0 Kudos
JayB_Intel
Employee

Hi Samuel00000,

We apologize for any inconvenience that this might have caused you. We sincerely appreciate your feedback as we continue to improve our Intel® Arc™ Graphics to meet your expectations. We understand that various benchmark tools tested the performance of Arc™ Graphics with Remnant 2, rest assured that we will take it into account and examine it further. At this rate, let me coordinate with the team and seek further advise for our next steps. Please allow me to revert to you until next week Wednesday, February 14 2024 for an update. Kindly bear with us while we work on this for you. We appreciate your patience and understanding on this one.

Best regards,

Jay B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello @Samuel00000 

I ran performance tests on Remnant 2 using Intel ARC A-Series GPU and got interesting results - actually echoing what @佑綺_Mayu was saying.

My benchmark parameters were starting a new game (1440p/Quality = High) measuring from start until completing the 2nd encounter with the large batch of enemies, then repeat using RTX 4060 on the same hardware setup.

Intel XeSS = Performance / Nvidia DLSS = Performance with frame generation OFFIntel XeSS = Performance / Nvidia DLSS = Performance with frame generation OFF

Can you re-test on your side using our latest driver 31.0.101.5194? If you could add information on CapFrameX that would be great. I'm attaching my raw capture files just in case.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
Samuel0000
Beginner

Since last patch my A750 seems to have improved in Remnant 2 at 1440P

My FPS at the very start of the game is around 50 to 60 FPS until the first batch of enemies on same setting as you but instead on my Arc A750 but since I have a Ryzen 3600X that may explain the lower FPS on my end cause I think your CPU is better.

I forgot to mention it was an A750 I have not an A770 but regardless both cards are very close in performance like only a 3 FPS difference in this game.

I notice intel sent out a driver update claiming 8% at 1080p well I have certainly noticed a small improvement at 1440P I think like 6% improvement which makes a noticeable impact because now I can reliably stay above 50 FPS at 1440P High with shadows on Medium and XESS Performance

Ward 13 at the very beginning of the game where there is grass etc is where I tested it for best bench marking and it has certainly improved. This is great you choose that start of the game because that start of the game has the worst performance.

I just don't know why it falls so far behind a RTX 4060 because usually the Arc 750 / 770 is able to match or beat the RTX 4060 in pretty much most games very easily EXCEPT Remnant 2.

I am grateful for the 8% performance boost regardless but am still hoping you guys can match the RTX 4060 in terms of performance in this game or come really close

Do you think we will get future driver update that will further improve performance and bring this card closer to the RTX 4060 in this game?

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hi @Samuel0000 

Yes, please expect new driver updates to come out in the next months that should improve performance in DirectX 11. I cannot comment on ETAs as development cycles can vary though.

Thank you for supporting Intel Arc GPUs. For now this thread will be closed but if another issue comes up go ahead and create a new one.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
JayB_Intel
Employee

Hi Samuel00000,

Were you able to check the previous post? Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Best regards,

Jay B.

0 Kudos
JayB_Intel
Employee

Hi Samuel00000,

As I have not heard back from you regarding on our last comment post, we will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Jay B.

0 Kudos