Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1721 Discussions

Transport Fever 2 Crashing

ApBrown1298
Beginner

Edit(s) are in Bold and Underlined

This is the same issue as described in a forum post from last August (Random crashes with Transport Fever 2 ) but that post seems to be dead. 

I have an Intel ARC A750 paired with an Intel i5-12600k and 32GB of RAM. Resizeable bar is enabled, the CPU is running stock, and the A750 is running with the power limit increased to 228W and a custom fan curve through ARC Control.

Screenshot 2024-02-01 115714.pngScreenshot 2024-02-01 115734.png

Last night, I tried playing a new game and every 5-10 mins it would crash. I stepped through this support page from Intel and it seemed to kind of work but now it's back to crashing every 5-10 mins. Attached are the crash logs that were dumped the last time it crashed.

I have no mods installed and do not have the Delux Edition of the game.

I've been running the A750 since July of last year and haven't had any issues with game crashes except for this game and Insurgency: Sandstorm. I don't get crash logs for I:S but that is a different topic. 

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Catulpos_Intel
Employee

Hello ApBrown1298,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

We received your query and I appreciate you providing a detailed information regarding your concern.

You shared to us your processor RAM and the driver version used but I would like to go one step further and confirm details such as OS build# and see if there are errors logged. The SSU can collect that info that can be helpful to me. For your complete guide, you can follow the instructions indicated on this article, How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows* and attach the txt file when you respond.

Also, please share to us as well the following details:

• Are the games you mentioned normally working previously?
  • If it is, what is the recent changes made on your computer before the issue occurred?
  • Version of the mentioned games installed on your PC:
  • What is the distribution service used in acquiring these games?

Once all the requested information is provided, we will have to conduct additional research to provide you with an accurate resolution. Looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

JCatulpos

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ApBrown1298
Beginner

Hello JCatulpos,
I've attached the .txt from SSU. 

As for your questions:

• Are the games you mentioned normally working previously?
    • This was my first time trying Transport Fever 2 on the A750.
  • If it is, what is the recent changes made on your computer before the issue occurred?
  • Version of the mentioned games installed on your PC:
    • I have the most up to date version from Steam. App ID: 1066780, Build ID: 13000625
  • What is the distribution service used in acquiring these games?
    • Steam
0 Kudos
Catulpos_Intel
Employee

Hello ApBrown1298,

Thank you for your response.

We will be coordinating this issue internally with our team and while we do so, please provide the make and model as well as the wattage of your power supply unit. Also, kindly indicate the driver version used on your system prior to updating your driver to the latest version. You can be assured that we inform you immediately once we have a possible fix to your issue.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

JCatulpos

0 Kudos
ApBrown1298
Beginner

I have a Seasonic PRIME TX-1000, 1000W 80+ Titanium power supply. 

As for the last driver I'm not sure... I guess the 31.0.101.5085/31.0.101.5122 one? I keep up to date on the drivers.

0 Kudos
Catulpos_Intel
Employee

Hello ApBrown1298,

Thank you for your prompt response.

Your issue has been checked with our engineers and for us to investigate this issue further we would like to ask for the following information.

• Please provide the logs containing the output of vulkaninfo.exe. To obtain this log, kindly follow these steps:

1. open command prompt
    1. type vulkaninfo.exe >> vulkan_info_logs.txt
    2. Go to the location mentioned by the command prompt and send a copy of the logs to us.

• Please provide the event viewer logs, to get this, please follow the steps below:

1. Click the Windows Search bar located beside the start button, begin typing: Event Viewer.
    1. Click the Event Viewer App in the search results pane.
    2. Within the Event Viewer, expand "Windows Logs" (on the left pane).
    3. Right-click Application and click Save All Events As.
    4. In the Save As dialog box, make sure that the file type is set to Event Files (*.evt).
    5. Name the log file "Application" and click Save.
    6. Repeat steps e-g to obtain the System and Security logs.
  • We would also like to clarify with the exact behavior of the crash. Our development needs this critical information so we can better understand the symptoms of the issue. i.e. we need description if this is a crash to windows, BSOD, or freezing issues. A video of it would be highly appreciated.
  • Please provide the steps to replicate the issue you experienced.

In addition, Vulkan info is a program provided in the SDK that outputs various types of Vulkan information such as Vulkan extensions supported by each GPU.

• Recognized layers.
  • Supported image formats and format properties.

This software is included into the operating system. See: https://vulkan.lunarg.com/doc/view/latest/windows/vulkaninfo.html

Looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

JCatulpos

0 Kudos
ApBrown1298
Beginner

I don't have video upload permissions so I uploaded it to YouTube as an unlisted video: https://youtu.be/LrSTKBAZ9BI

I open the game, load the save file, play for 1min 30secs, then the game freezes, the screen goes black, and a small window pops up that says "Internal error. An error has just occurred." Sometimes after pressing "OK" another window will pop up asking if I want to save crash logs, that didn't happen this time.

I've uploaded the crash logs that were created for the crash in the video, so those are the new stdout.txt files. I didn't have the option to save the Event Viewer files as .evt, only .evtx but neither format was supported to be uploaded so I saved them as .txt instead. I filtered the results to only include from the time I started the game to the most recent event so the file size wasn't huge.

0 Kudos
Catulpos_Intel
Employee

Hello ApBrown1289,

I received your response and your active coordination with us as we requested this information is indeed commendable. Bearing the details, you've provided; we will now coordinate this internally with our team for further investigation. You can be assured that we will keep you posted on any updates available.

For the meantime, your patience and understanding as we look for a possible fix to your issue will be highly appreciated.

Thanks, and have a wonderful day ahead!

Best regards,

JCatulpos

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello ApBrown1298,

I would like to inform you that we are still investigating this case. We will update you as soon as we have any new information on this case and we will share it on this thread.

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello ApBrown1298,

I'm glad to inform you that we have verified your concern in our simulation using our Intel® Arc™ A750 Graphics and we have encountered the same game crashing issue with drivers 101.5194 and 101.5186. However, we have also found that the latest driver version 31.0.101.5330 (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/785597/intel-arc-iris-xe-graphics-windows.html) resolves this issue and the game runs smoothly. This means that we have already implemented a fix in our driver code and we just need to wait for a little while until this code is included in the upcoming driver releases - this may take 2-3 more releases. The release dates may vary, but please be assured that we are working on it.

Therefore, I kindly request you download the driver version 31.0.101.5330 and test it on your system. I recommend performing a DDU to ensure a clean installation of the latest version. Please let us know the result.

For the DDU, you can check this link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000091878/graphics.html - How to Use the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to Uninstall an Intel® Graphics Driver

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello ApBrown1298,

We are checking in to see if you have already downloaded the driver version 31.0.101.5330.

And by the way, if you have any additional queries or require further explanation, Please know that we would be happy to assist you if you have any.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello ApBrown1298,

We are checking in with you on the crashing issue that we have, as we have not heard any response from you.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello ApBrown1298,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this enquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos