Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1539 Discussions

Intel Arc Control bug

Suzie1818
New Contributor I

I just found a new bug related to the Arc Control.

I was trying the CPU-Z benchmark, and I was confused for a while because I found that when the CPU-Z was running the single thread part, my CPU (i5-12400F) just wouldn't reach its specified boost clock of 4.4GHz (for 1 or 2 core active) but rather went up to 4.2GHz (which is the boost clock for 3 or 4 core active) on multiple cores, resulting in a much lower benchmark score than it should get.

I did some further observation with the Windows Task Manager, and under the Processes tag I found the intel Arc Control seemed to show some weird behavior using too much resource. So I tried "End Task" with the Arc Control and then did the benchmark again. Problem solved! The CPU acted as expected with only one core reached 4.4GHz and other core stayed at lower frequencies during the single thread benchmark, and thus the benchmark score also rose to the normal level comparable to the records found online.

Then I tried the same experiment as mentioned above for multiple times where I reboot my PC fresh, do the CPU-Z benchmark, kill the Arc Control process, and redo the benchmark. The results are consistent -- abnormally low single thread score because of too many cores being active and thus the boost clock is limited whenever the Arc Control is resident in system; and the problem can always be solved by merely ending the Arc Control process.

There are hundreds of resident programs/services running in the system memory, but none of them except the Arc Control would cause this abnormal phenomenon. This is apparently an issue to be fixed.

*Supplementary note: the multi thread part of the benchmark does not seem to be noticeably affected as all of the 6 cores run at 4.0GHz as expected whether the Arc Control process is resident or not.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Andres_Intel

Hello Suzie1818,

Thank you for your response. 

With that video, now we have a better understanding of the situation. Please follow the steps below to continue with the troubleshooting:

• Uninstall Intel® Arc™ Control Software with the steps below:

1. Press the Windows key.
  2. Click on settings.
  3. Select Apps and then select Apps & features.
  4. Search for Intel® Arc™ Control software.
  5. Click on it and select the option to uninstall.

• Reinstall Intel® Arc™ Control Software with the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000089899/graphics/intel-arc-dedicated-graphics-family.html

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Andres_Intel

Hello Suzie1818,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities.  

I am sorry to hear that you are having performance issues with Intel® Arc™ Control Software, please answer the questions below for a better understanding of the situation:

• Take a video of the issue.
  • What is the Intel® Arc™ Control Software version installed?

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Suzie1818
New Contributor I

The video 

*This time when I shoot the video as you requested, even the multi thread performance was also affected by the Arc Control.

**When I checked the Windows Task Manager, I found the Arc Control plus its Arc Controll Assist sub-processes keeping using about 6% of CPU in total.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel

Hello Suzie1818,

Thank you for your response. 

With that video, now we have a better understanding of the situation. Please follow the steps below to continue with the troubleshooting:

• Uninstall Intel® Arc™ Control Software with the steps below:

1. Press the Windows key.
  2. Click on settings.
  3. Select Apps and then select Apps & features.
  4. Search for Intel® Arc™ Control software.
  5. Click on it and select the option to uninstall.

• Reinstall Intel® Arc™ Control Software with the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000089899/graphics/intel-arc-dedicated-graphics-family.html

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel

Hello Suzie1818,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.   

Best regards,  

Andres P.  

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel

Hello Suzie1818,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards, 

Andres P.  

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel

Hello Suzie1818,

Before we close the case I want to thank you for all the information and feedback provided.

A new updated version of Intel Arc Control will launch very soon (we can't say the exact date) so please stay tuned.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos