Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1831 Discussions

Issues with games like "Roblox"

ChinosGDL
Novice

Hi I recently got a Intel A750 graphics card and it seems to be working great on more graphic intensive games like Ready Or Not. However it seems to struggle heavily on less intensive games like Roblox averaging around 20-40 fps on max graphics. This is extremely disappointing since Roblox isn't a very intensive graphical game. My other graphics card which was a NVIDIA GeForce 1650 would never drop off 60 fps (with fps limit) And I found it really odd. I have tried most of the troubleshooting guides I could find online and can't seem to fix the issue. (This issue seems to happen in most games)

GPU: Intel Arc A750

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600

32 GB of RAM

- I have confirmed that I am using the latest drivers available so that can't be the issue.

feel free to ask any questions or information you would need to figure out the issue

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ACarmona_Intel

Hello ChinosGDL,

Thank you so much for patiently waiting on our response.

We would like to request the JSON files so we can further isolate the issue. We have attached a sample screenshot for your reference.

In addition, we suggest updating to our latest driver, version 101.5445, and observe if there are any enhancements in performance.

Also, it would be beneficial to disable the integrated graphics via the BIOS or Device Manager. This step is to ensure that the game is utilizing the Arc A750 graphics card and not the integrated graphics.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

28 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello ChinosGDL,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

To further isolate the issue, please provide the following information:

• When did the issue start? Was Roblox working fine before? Any changes made to the system?
  • What are the game settings used? (e.g., screen resolution, quality settings, etc.)
  • Does the low fps occur in other games? If so, what are those games?
  • Is Windows updated to the latest version?
  • It is possible that you have an older Arc graphics driver. As of this writing, the latest one is 101.5330. Please try it if you haven't yet.
  • What is the brand and model of your power supply?
  • What troubleshooting steps have been taken already? Can you please list them down?
  • Resizable BAR is important as it enhances the graphics card's performance. Was it enabled in the BIOS? To check, please follow this article: What Is Resizable BAR and How Do I Enable It? (intel.com)
  • Please send your SSU report to help me further analyse important details on your system, such as the OS build number, graphics driver version, errors logged in the system, etc. To generate the SSU report, please refer to the article How to Get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows. Please send us the generated SSU.txt file.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ChinosGDL
Novice

Hi sorry for the late reply to answer the questions

• The issue started the day I got the Graphics Card and installed it I don't believe I made any changes to the system
  • The game settings would be max graphics on 1080p (anything below would boost the fps by 10 which isn't much)
  • The game fps does occur in other games (Frontlines or Phantom Forces) within the range of 20-40 fps
  •  I believe I do have the latest drivers (Correct me if I'm wrong) so that can't be the issue (I have 101.5333)
  • For troubleshooting steps would be the basic ones you could find in a google search (Enabling Resizable Bar, Reinstalling games, Restarting, using DDU to uninstall Nvidia drivers etc.)

Attached a SSU report as well

Many, thanks!

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello ChinosGDL,

We are checking in with you on the game issue we are having to see if you already have the answer to our queries, so we may be able to further investigate our issue.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello ChinosGDL

Thank you so much for the detailed response.

As for now, the recommendation that I can only provide you is to please try to update your BIOS, as upon checking your system's graphics driver, it is still the latest graphics driver for Arc.

• Refer to your motherboard manufacturer's website for the BIOS update and how to install it.

If the issue still persists after updating your system BIOS, please let me know so we can take the next step since, based on my research, your system specifications meet the game and Intel ARC requirements.

Best regards, 

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ChinosGDL
Novice

Hi apologies for the late response

I have updated my BIOS system and the issue seems to persist (same fps 20-40) would there be anything else I could do?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello ChinosGDL

We are checking in with you to see if you have already performed the troubleshooting steps that we have provided. If yes, please let us know the result so we may be able to know what we can do next.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello ChinosGDL,

Thank you for the update, we are sorry to hear that even after updating your BIOS, the problem still persists.

Me and my team will do further research on our case and post the response on this thread once it is available.

Have a fantastic day, and thank you very much for your patience and understanding!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ChinosGDL
Novice

Hello, Its been a while

Is there any update on the problem? I have tried to reinstall mostly everything I can think of that might be causing the issue and still no luck I would like to see if you guys have found anything that could help me fix this.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello ChinosGDL,

According to our engineers findings, we have attempted to replicate the issue and compared the performance with an RTX 4060. We found that the performance is consistent, with no drop in FPS, and the issue could not be reproduced on our end.

Please see the attached file for the CapFrameX results.

Additionally, we may request to gather your CapFrameX data during your gameplay session. As it will be used for further analysis.

As for the steps to collect CapFrameX data, they are as follows:

About CapFrameX

This is a third-party tool for frametime capture and analysis based on Intel's PresentMon. The overlay is provided by the Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS).

CapFrameX installation instructions:

1. Go to https://www.capframex.com/download and download the latest version of CapframeX.
  2. Go to https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/rtss-rivatuner-statistics-server-download.html and download the latest version of RTSS.
  3. Unzip both installers and install them.
  4. Launch CapFrameX, and then close it. This is why it creates the user configuration folder.
  5. Download and unzip the file OverlayEntryConfiguration_0.json (attached in this post) with the recommended RTSS configuration.
  6. Paste this file to %userprofile%\Documents\CapFrameX\Configuration.
  7. In the Capture tab, set the "Capture time" to 0. This is to remove the preset limit on capture time.
  8. In the Overlay tab, uncheck "Auto-Disable OSD" and click the save icon.

Capturing the Performance Data:

1. Open CapframeX and do not minimise or close it.
  2. Open the game and go to the part of the game where you need to reproduce the issue. You should see the RTSS overlay in the top left corner of your screen, with the status "<game name> ready to capture...".
  3. Press F11 to start capturing data and reproducing the issue. The status in the overlay will change to "Recording frametimes XX s".
  4. Once you have reproduced the issue, press F11 to finish the data capture. The status in the overlay will change to "Processing data.".
  5. Back to CapFrameX, you can find all the data captures in the left panel of the Analysis tab. Clicking on any one of these captures will display the results on the right.
  6. To export the captured data as a JSON file, right-click the capture and click on "Copy/paste recording file(s)".

We will be waiting for your response!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ChinosGDL
Novice

Hello Carmona,

I have a quick question regarding the steps you provided

I can't seem to find the file and download OverlayEntryConfiguration_0.json while trying to follow the steps provided and while trying to find the directory %userprofile%\Documents\CapFrameX\Configuration the Configuration file doesn't seem to be there. Would I have to make it myself? There is only a file named captures.

Thanks,

ChinosGDL

0 Kudos
blakeblossom
Beginner

@ACarmona_Intel wrote:

Hello ChinosGDL,

According to our engineers findings, we have attempted to replicate the issue and compared the performance with an RTX 4060. We found that the performance is consistent, with no drop in FPS, and the issue could not be reproduced on our end.

Please see the attached file for the CapFrameX results.

Additionally, we may request to gather your CapFrameX data during your gameplay session. As it will be used for further analysis.

As for the steps to collect CapFrameX data, they are as follows:

About CapFrameX

This is a third-party tool for frametime capture and analysis based on Intel's PresentMon. The overlay is provided by the Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS).

CapFrameX installation instructions:

1. Go to :https://www.capframex.com/download and download the latest version of CapframeX.
  2. Go to :https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/rtss-rivatuner-statistics-server-download.html and download the latest version of RTSS.
  3. Unzip both installers and install them.
  4. Launch CapFrameX, and then close it. This is why it creates the user configuration folder.
  5. Download and unzip the file OverlayEntryConfiguration_0.json (attached in this post) with the recommended RTSS configuration.
  6. Paste this file to %userprofile%\Documents\CapFrameX\Configuration.
  7. In the Capture tab, set the "Capture time" to 0. This is to remove the preset limit on capture time.
  8. In the Overlay tab, uncheck "Auto-Disable OSD" and click the save icon.

Capturing the Performance Data:

1. Open CapframeX and do not minimise or close it.
  2. Open the game and go to the part of the game where you need to reproduce the issue. You should see the RTSS overlay in the top left corner of your screen, with the status "<game name> ready to capture...".
  3. Press F11 to start capturing data and reproducing the issue. The status in the overlay will change to "Recording frametimes XX s".
  4. Once you have reproduced the issue, press F11 to finish the data capture. The status in the overlay will change to "Processing data.".
  5. Back to CapFrameX, you can find all the data captures in the left panel of the Analysis tab. Clicking on any one of these captures will display the results on the right.
  6. To export the captured data as a JSON file, right-click the capture and click on "Copy/paste recording file(s)".

We will be waiting for your response!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Hi, capframe x https://www.capframex.com/download is crashing on my device. Any way to tackle it?

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello ChinosGDL,

Thank you so much for the response.

Based on the instructions, the configuration folder will be automatically created.

This implies that the configuration folder will be created automatically once you run and then close the Capframex program.

If you need any help, please let me know.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello ChinosGDL,

We are checking in with you to see if you have already performed the steps that we have provided or if you have any additional queries. Please know that we would be happy to assist you if you have any. 

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ChinosGDL
Novice

Hello Carmona,

I have an issue when trying to capture CapFrame data every time I try to to start it by pressing f11 it says no process detected. I'm not sure if I followed the steps correctly. I am also not sure on how to create the configuration folder its not there when I look for it. And starting the app doesn't seem to create it?

Thanks, in advance

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello ChinosGDL,

We will try to make another set of instructions that will be easily understood or prepare something for you to further investigate our issue; once we already have one, we will post it in this thread.

Thank you for your understanding, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello ChinosGDL,

We have replicated the steps, and we suggest that we create a "configuration" folder manually. Additionally, please ensure that all necessary installers are extracted and run to generate the logs that we need.

We have prepared a screen recording of the steps-by-step instructions on how you may be able to get the CapFrameX data during your gameplay session via email for your reference. So please kindly check your email inbox.

We look forward to your response! 

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello ChinosGDL,

We are checking in with you to know if you already have the CapFrameX data so we can further isolate our issue or if you have any additional queries. Please know that we would be happy to assist you if you have any. 

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello  ChinosGDL,

We are checking in with you, as we have not heard any response from you.

Best regards,
Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ChinosGDL
Novice

Hello, I hope this finds you well

I apologize  for the late response I have not been able to gather the cap frame data yet but I will try to get to it as soon as possible I apologize for wasting your time.

Thanks!

ACarmona_Intel

Hello ChinosGDL,

We understand that you might be quite busy and do not have time to perform the steps that we have provided. 

No worries; we will wait for your update.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos