Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1593 Discussions

Meta Quest 2 compatibility

scosner56
Beginner

Is Intel working with Meta (or vice versa) to get the Meta Quest 2 compatible with the new Arc GPUs? I have the A770 LE and love it but since my upgrade I haven't been able to play Steam VR games. The Oculus app just displays that my GPU is not supported. I don't know if this is something Intel has to work on or if Meta needs to implement it. Thanks for any response and keep up the great work with the driver improvements! Can't wait to see what Battlemage has to offer when it's officially announced.

8 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello scosner56

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communities. I know using VR on your system is important, allow me to check if there is any available information regarding the support for Meta Quest on Arc GPUs. I will post back as soon as I have an update for you.

Best regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello scosner56

I appreciate your patience. After checking this case, in regard to your inquiry about support for Meta Quest 2 there is not much information we can disclose at the moment, but please know that Intel® Arc™ Graphics support for VR headsets continues to evolve as we ramp our products and add updates to our software stack. 

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello scosner56

I hope you are doing fine. 

We would like to check if you have further questions. Please let us know

Best regards,  

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
scosner56
Beginner

I do not have any further questions but thank you very much for looking into this. I still love my A770 and will continue to support Intel as they further enhance their GPU experience!

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello scosner56

We really appreciate your support and feedback. Please look forward to future driver updates that will add features and fix known problems as well.

Since there are no further questions we will no longer monitor the thread, in case you need further assistance please open a new topic.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
WilliamByrd
Beginner
0 Kudos
SShadow1974
Beginner

I was wondering this just yesterday. LOL My Meta Quest has been collecting a bit of dust recently... But I'm thinking about dusting it off and seeing if there has been any change with all the driver updates recently.

0 Kudos
SShadow1974
Beginner

I'd really like some updates on this as well. When I attempt to do AirLink between my Quest 2 and my PC with an Arc a770 16GB, the Quest 2 is telling me that the GPU is not supported. Man, I had an only Radeon r570 and it worked fine. The Arc a770 is leaps and bounds more powerful than that.

Please ensure someone is working on this with Meta. I want Intel to go full on mainstream vs AMD and nVidia but there are some things y'all got to get working right.

Thanks for reading.