Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1658 Discussions

Performance Issues and Shader Cache Size Limit on Horizon Forbidden West.

Muza
Novice

Hello,

Is there any plans to allow the users to increase the shader cache size in the intel control panel.

Games like horizon forbidden west needs more than the 512mb limit which is causing the game to keep overwriting the already compiled shaders.

This causes the game to sometimes freeze or take a long time to load.

The general performance of the Intel Arc A770 16 LE is also very poor in this game. (50fps medium settings @1080p)

Is some areas i am getting 40fps with medium settings at 1080p.

PC Specs:

Arc A770 LE 16GB

16 GB Ram.

8 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Muza, 

I want to make sure I check this information for you which is why I will coordinate it with my team regarding your inquiry on the shader cache size expansion. Before I do so, I want to gather more information regarding the poor performance of your Intel Arc A770 16 LE. May I please have your SSU logs so we can be more familiar with your configuration? Are there also specific moments in the game where the low fps occur, or does it happen randomly? I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M.

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Muza, 

I am just looking for an update about your logs. Kindly please let me know about this information so we can identify the next steps that needs to be taken to solve this issue. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Muza,

Thank you for sharing the thread. For now we will continue on this thread instead and close the other one to avoid confusion. I have gathered the details you have sent in there and I can confirm you have the latest graphics driver. We want to replicate this issue for you as well. To be more accurate with our test, can you please send us a screenshot of your game settings? I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
Muza
Novice

Hello,

Everything is on medium except for texture quality(High).

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Muza, 

Thank you for sharing this details. I will proceed in coordinating this with our team for replication and get back to you as soon as possible for updates. Thank you for your patience and cooperation. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
GattoRosso
Beginner

Hello, I have the same problem with Horizon: Forbidden West. We really need the possibility to change the shader cache size or to have a way bigger one. NVidia driver gives the possibility to do it. Every single game who loads shaders have the same issue. This is annoying, since we need to clear it often otherwise the game becomes unplayable. You really need to do something asap. Thank you.

RamyerM_Intel

Hello Muza and GattoRosso, 

Thank you for patiently waiting. I want to let you know that as of the moment, there is no option to increase the Shader Cache Size limit in Intel Arc Control. I do want to let you know as well that we will be passing this information to our development team for consideration. Thank you for sharing with us your valuable insights. 

I will be closing this case for now, but should you need assistance in the future, do not hesitate to create a new thread.

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos