Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1614 Discussions

Red Dead Redemption 2 DX12 API poor performance and Shadows and anti-aliasing issues

Jamas94
New Contributor I

Does your system meet the game’s minimum system requirements?

Yes

Did you already installed the Intel Graphics Driver latest release found at Intel® Graphics – Windows* DCH Drivers?

Yes

Please provide your system information by attaching the following file:

1.      Download the System Support Utility tool to the system where the issue occurred.

2.      Run SSU.exe. Select "Everything". Then click Scan.

3.      Save the data to the text file and attach it to this report.

Report.txt

Please describe your issue as accurately as possible.

The performance under DX12 API is half less than that of Vulkan API, and the number of frames will be locked at 37 frames strangely. In addition to time anti-aliasing, DX12 and Vulkan think that if other anti-aliasing is turned on or FSR is enabled, shadows will flicker across the screen.
Regardless of whether the anti-aliasing option is turned on, squares will appear on the edge of shadows at close distances, such as notebooks and other close-up shadows, and shadows in games such as those under lights will appear incorrect shadows.
In addition, the application performance tuning settings in the Arc control center will show that the fan will not exceed 1200 rpm. The fan curve will not exceed 1200 rpm under high load until the system is restarted and the Arc control center restores the default configuration.

This probability is 100% recurring

What distribution service did you get the game from?

(example: Steam / Origin / Epic / XboxGamePass / UbisoftConnect)

Rockstar Games Launcher

Please provide the game's graphic/video settings when the issue occurs.

Graphic Quality (Low, Medium, High, Ultra):

Ultra

Resolution (1920x1080, 3840x2160):

2560*1440

Vsync (On/Off):

On

Display (Fullscreen / Windowed/ Borderless Windowed):

Borderless Windowed

Please let us know which game API was been used when the issue occurred

(examples: Vulkan, DX11, DX12, OpenGL, etc...)

DX12 Vulkan

Is the power cable plugged in or not?

(running on AC power or Battery?)

N/A

Please provide steps to replicate the issue.

These steps are very crucial to finding the root cause and fix.
A screenshot to illustrate the issue is a huge plus. A video of the failure is even better! Attach to the post or provide the YouTube link.

N/A

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hello @Jamas94

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with your system, we will do our best to help you.  

In order to have a better understanding of the issue, please share with us the following information:  

• When did the issue start? Were there any recent changes?  
  • Is Resizable Bar enabled in the BIOS?  
  • Did you have any other graphics card installed previously?  

Regards,  

Carlos L.   

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II

Good Morning

The problem is in the Intel Arc drivers, which means that when I activate DX12 in high or ultra quality with 144Hz vertical synchronization, it throws 1 FPS, I must deactivate and put 50Hz for it to work for which I report and for this month and more or less correct it I have ID report code

Red Dead Redemption 2 bug ID: 18020723290
Cyberpunk 2077 bug ID: 14018065802

We want to enjoy this Intel Arc graphics card in DX12 full performance, so I want you to report as soon as possible please.

Intel Arc A750 that surpasses the RTX 3060 competing RTX 3060 TI Intel Arc A770 that surpasses the RTX 3060 TI competing RTX 3070 or stepping on the heels in some games, we return to the same topic DX12 correct problem thanks

0 Kudos
Jamas94
New Contributor I

Resizable Bar it is enabled 

No any other graphics card installed previously

This graphics card will play games with a black screen and restart the system under certain circumstances, especially for heavy-loaded games or games that are not optimized. It does not have any system events or error messages, and the system will only record an event that it did not shut down normally.
It's not just me

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @Jamas94

Thank you for your post and the information provided, we also appreciate your comments and want to let you know we are working hard to give everyone a good experience. Now, in order to continue to help in your case, would you be able to share a screenshot or a short video with the game's video settings you are currently using? This is to continue working in your case. 

Best regards, 

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @Jamas94

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Best regards, 

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @Jamas94,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Best regards,  

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello @Jamas94,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards, 

Andres P.  

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello @Jamas94,

Before we close the case we want to let you know that the low performance on this title on DX12 is already being investigated by the driver dev team bug ID 18020723290. For the shadows and AA issue there is a separate bug ID 18019669272.

We cannot comment or commit to a solution or ETA but rest assured that we are actively working to improve this game with Arc graphics.

So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards, 

Andres P.

0 Kudos