Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1639 Discussions

Refresh rate goes back to 60hz after each restart with ARC A770 16GB

StarkX
Novice

I noticed a recent problem, every time I restart my PC, the refresh rate of my monitor goes to 60hz, VRR is then greyed out too in Arc Control.

I have to completely turn off my monitor screen and turn it back on to get my refresh rate back to 240hz or completely turn off my PC and turn it back on.

My monitor is the LG 27GR95QE-B OLED Gaming Monitor plugged in with the original HDMI 2.1 cable. 

GPU ARC A770 16GB

0 Kudos
8 Replies
RyanFeeko
Novice

Hey @StarkX , have you update the firmware/driver to the latest both GPU and Monitor?

Or also check the Adaptive Sync to disable.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
StarkX
Novice

Yes, I updated everything, even disabled adaptive sync. Still the same problem, never had this before.

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello StarkX,

Thank you for reaching out to the community for assistance.

It appears you're encountering persistent refresh rate issues, even after a graphics driver update. To help us investigate this issue more closely, could you please:

1. Share the SSU logs from your computer. This will allow us to examine your system's configuration and the driver versions in detail. Once you generated the logs, you can attach the logs to this post. 

2. Confirm whether you've tested both HDMI ports on your monitor, as the specifications indicate there are two available HDMI ports.

3. Let us know if you've had the chance to try out a different HDMI cable.

Your cooperation is greatly appreciated, and I look forward to your response.

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos
StarkX
Novice

Hi,

Thanks for your reply,

Yes I just tested with a second HDMI 2.1 cable and on the second HDMI 2.1 port, still the same problem.

I tried with another HDMI 2.1 cable from audioquest https://audioquest.com/products/pearl-48-hdmi-cable and it's not a cheap one,

same issue as with my monitor's original HDMI 2.1 cable.

My SSU logs are attached.

Thanks

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello StarkX,

I appreciate your cooperation in providing the SSU logs. To assist us in resolving the issue, could you kindly perform the following:

1. Update your motherboard's BIOS to the most recent beta version, 7B85v1H1, as the logs indicate you are currently on version 7B85v1G.

2. Use DDU to remove the current graphics driver, and then reinstall the latest version, which is 31.0.101.5445 again.

3. Consider reducing the screen resolution.

Once you have completed these steps, please share the results with me. If the problem persists, we will investigate further. Additionally, could you inform me if this issue has been present since you first acquired the monitor, or did it begin occurring at a later time? Your response will help us better understand the situation. Thank you!

Best regards,

Norman S.

0 Kudos
StarkX
Novice

I updated the bios but still the same problem.

Then i removed the current graphics driver with DDU and reinstalled it, it didn't solve it.

I have had this monitor since September and my Arc A770 graphics card since June, I have never had this problem, it started a month ago.

On the other hand, I have just noticed that I cannot change the refresh rate in Windows, I try 60, 120 then 144, the frequency returns to 240hz. I can change the resolution but not the refresh rate. Maybe a Windows issue? 

Capture d'écran 2024-05-03 221122.png

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello StarkX,

I appreciate your efforts in providing the information, which will certainly assist us in pinpointing the problem. Regarding the refresh rate adjustment, kindly proceed as follows:

1. Right-click anywhere on your desktop and select Display settings.
  2. Scroll down to locate Advanced display settings and click it.
  3. Under the Display information section, find and click Display adapter properties for Display 1.
  4. Go to the Monitor tab.
  5. Select the desired refresh rate from the drop-down menu.
  6. Click Apply and OK.

Furthermore, please ensure that your Windows operating system is fully updated. Once you have completed these steps, I would be grateful if you could inform me of the results.

Best regards,

Norman S.

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello StarkX,

I wanted to check if you had the chance to review the steps I posted. Please let me know at your earliest convenience so that we can determine the best course of action to resolve this matter. 

Best regards,

Norman S.

0 Kudos