Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1966 Discussions

Solidworks - Slow Animation Rendering and Toggling

Jordan6
Novice

Hi,

I've recently started using Solidworks on my home PC which has an intel Arc a770 16GB. I've noticed there is a big difference in the UI interaction when simply selecting from one plane to another (i.e. Front plane - Top plane), a slow animation appears when realistically it should happen instantly. Initially I thought it could be a software issue but I've confirmed it is the graphics card.

I have pin pointed it is an Arc a770 issue as I have an integrated graphics on my 12700k CPU. When I disable the a770 driver and enable only the integrated graphics UHD Graphics 770 the graphics on Solidworks work perfectly.

I rely on my home machine on working with Solidworks and Ansys Workbench. Are there any changes I can do to A770 to make the compatibility work? Or do I have to wait for a driver update to support Solidworks?

Thanks

Jordan

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Jordan6

Thank you for posting on the  Intel® ARC™ Graphics. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues when trying to use Solidworks on your system. Please let us know the following information in order to assist you:

• What is the version of Solidworks that you are using?
  • Share with us a short video showing this issue.
  • Is Resizable Bar enabled on your system?
  • Create a log file with the Intel® System Support Utility and attach it to get more information about your system.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Jordan6
Novice

Hi Hugo,

I am using the Solidworks Student Edition and I have ReBar Enabled. Please find attached the requested files.

Thanks for the support.

Kind regards,

Jordan

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Jordan6

Thank you for sharing this information with us. Based on the log file that you provided, please let's update the following:

Also, I see that when you disable ARC Graphics and only use integrated this issue does not happen. Could you please try it the other way around, so disabling your integrated graphics from the device manager and only leaving the ARC graphics adapter working? Share with us the outcome.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Jordan6
Novice

Hi Hugo,

I was instructed to do this recently (update BIOS and clean driver install) due to another issue with the GPU which I have raised in the community but has not been resolved. I don't want to be repeating BIOS updates since as you will know, this is a dangerous process. 

I have also tried disabling the integrated graphics and enabling only the discrete GPU. This did not work either.

Any other suggestions?

Kind regards,

Jordan

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Jordan6

Thank you for letting us know these results and for the troubleshooting you have done. We will need to further look into this issue internally, however, first please try the latest driver that was just released today, the driver version is 30.0.101.4125 and let us know the outcome.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Jordan6
Novice

Hi Hugo,

I've done a clean installation of driver 30.0.101.4125 and the outcome is the same. I have ensured that the integrated graphics is disabled and only the A770 graphics is in use.

Kind regards,

Jordan

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Jordan6

Thank you for letting us know and for completing the troubleshooting steps. We will continue checking this issue internally, I will post back as soon as I have an update or in case we need more information.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Jordan6

Thank your patience. We would like to let you know that this is a known issue and we are working alongside the developer of the software to improve the performance on SolidWorks. Initially, our efforts were focused on enabling and certifying the application with Intel Arc Pro solutions and now we are moving to improve compatibility with consumer-grade solutions (i.e. Arc A-Series). However, there is no estimated time for the resolution of this issue, so please stay tuned and look forward to future driver updates.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Jordan6
Novice

Hi Hugo,

Thank you for you help and info. Unfortunately I needed a quick fix for this problem and I cant rely on no estimated timeline. I have now bought a different graphics card since I require using Solidworks immediately for my work.

Kind regards,

Jordan

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @Jordan6

I appreciate your reply and completely understand you need this as fast as possible. Do you have any other questions so far, or anything else I can help you with?  If not, we will proceed to close this threat for now.

Best regards, 

Carlos L.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @Jordan6

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Best regards,  

Carlos L.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Jordan6

Thank you for your feedback. We totally understand and apologize since you needed a faster fix for this issue. We will now continue closing this thread, in case you have further questions, open a new topic as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
SUNHONGYU
Beginner

这题我会

打开注册表,路径:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\SolidWorks\SOLIDWORKS 2022\Performance\Graphics\Hardware\Intel

设置IntelWorkarounds 值为 9

0 Kudos